EmbyCon excessive logging under Matrix

pünktchen

pünktchen

@TeamB I'm running your great addon under Matrix. Because of some other Kodi problems i have Kodi debug logging enabled and this leads to an excessive logging from your addon:

DEBUG <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.embycon]>: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
DEBUG <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (playback_bitrate) was not found.
DEBUG <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (playback_type) was not found.
DEBUG <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (saved_user_password_123456789abcdefg) was not found.
DEBUG <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (server_speed_check_data) was not found.
DEBUG <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (smbpassword) was not found.
DEBUG <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (smbusername) was not found.
DEBUG <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (sort-) was not found.
DEBUG <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (view-) was not found.

Those lines are written up to six times in a second, even if i don't really use the addon but do other things in Kodi. This makes the log file extremely big and unreadable.
The mentioned settings are of course set in the addon and the settings xml file. So what is the problem? Can you please fix this?
Also what is your addon doing in the background that the settings are requested that often?

Btw. it would be nice if you update your Matrix branch with the lastest changes.

TeamB

This is a Kodi logging thing, EmbyCon is not logging this data manually

The "trying to load setting definitions from old format..." message is due to the add-on not suing the updated settings format yet:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_settings_conversion

Once Kodi 19 is released I will probably switch over.

The messages like "requested setting (playback_bitrate) was not found." are due to an old setting being in your settings file but it no longer exists in the Add-on, this happens when add-ons get updated and settings have their name changed or are removed.

You will need to delete your current settings file:

Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.embycon\settings.xml

or edit it and remove the unused settings.