port fowarding

JERRY1

JERRY1

Is there anyway Emby Client can remotely connect to the server without port forwarding ?

I'm asking because i saw it connect from my phone and port forwarding is not setup yet.

Weird thing is if i turn on vpn it won't connect

Emby Server will attempt to automatically setup the port forwarding in your router through a feature called upnp, so that's why it might work for you even though you haven't done anything to set it up.

You can turn this off in server network settings if needed.

JERRY1

No problem,great feature i didn't know about.No need to turn it off, i only do port forwarding with Emby.

Thanks

pwhodges

Note also that having upnp enabled in your router is a security risk if you are not aware of it and why it needs to be enabled (it only makes settings which can in any case be done manually, in which case you have more control).

Paul

• Like 1

JERRY1

I can do the port forwarding manually,

On 10/6/2020 at 6:29 PM, pwhodges said:

Note also that having upnp enabled in your router is a security risk if you are not aware of it and why it needs to be enabled (it only makes settings which can in any case be done manually, in which case you have more control).

Paul

i've done it before .I was just curious when i saw it connect and i didn't reset it yet