Bangla Subtitle font not showing in Emby android app.

Ainul

From browser Bangla subtitle working fine, but in Emby android app it's not working. I think this is Bangla font issue from Emby Android app. How can i solve it? I added two screenshots from Browser and Emby Android so that anyone can understand the problem. Thanks in advance. 🙂

Screenshot_20201004-032905_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20201004-032311_Emby.jpg

1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI there, are these internal or external subtitles? What format subtitles?

I add this subtitle from Opensubtitles.com and it is in srt format.

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

This might be tricky though actually. We're using the Roboto font from google fonts:

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto

Can you look at that and see if it supports bangla?

If this right looks very limited fonts.

https://fonts.google.com/?subset=bengali

Edited by Happy2Play

The problem is that font is presently not included in the app. Your dialect requires a special font to handle rendering. I believe only Roboto and Noto are present in the app. This produces the boxes because the code base for that character is not represented in either of those fonts. The font for Bangla is not there. When adding fonts this adds to both footprint/install size and download/payload size. Not sure how many languages require their own fonts. This means to support every language in the world is a very difficult job. I will let @ebr and @Luke explain more. But it isn't just as easy as drop in the new font and it just works. It is difficult to have it render using a different font for just that dialect. You have to craft all these nested if then else to handle it. That can get crazy.. lol.

45 minutes ago, speechles said:

The problem is that font is presently not included in the app. Your dialect requires a special font to handle rendering. I believe only Roboto and Noto are present in the app. This produces the boxes because the code base for that character is not represented in either of those fonts. The font for Bangla is not there. When adding fonts this adds to both footprint/install size and download/payload size. Not sure how many languages require their own fonts. This means to support every language in the world is a very difficult job. I will let @ebr and @Luke explain more. But it isn't just as easy as drop in the new font and it just works. It is difficult to have it render using a different font for just that dialect. You have to craft all these nested if then else to handle it. That can get crazy.. lol.

Oh! At last i got the proper explanation. I guess they will consider this matter in next update. Thanks mate for your reply.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you still running into this with the new 3.1.59 release? Thanks.

Wow! now Bangla font show on Emby android, but there is a lot to improve. Some joint Bengali letters are broken and font size is too small. 

Edited by Ainul

6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok, there's a 3.1.60 update coming out soon, which will be the same. Please try 3.1.61 after that. Thanks.

thanks and waiting for the 3.1.61. 

Edited by Ainul

• 3 years later...