Music content metadata issue (version 4.5.1.0)

as2002

All,

I am not sure if this is a bug or user error.

I have a folder where all the metadata downloaders are switched off and 'automatically update from the Internet' is unticked however album cover images are being added to folders. I've only noticed it since 4.5.1.0.

I'm not sure if it's also added metadata the the MP3s. They already had metadata added when they were ripped from CDs so it's not easy to tell?

I would appreciate some advice on a) if my settings are correct b) It's a known bug c) How I can delete the additional information.

Thanks

Hi, they probably came from either image files within your music folders, or images embedded within the songs. Do your songs have images embedded?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I missed your reply.

I will check this and update the thread soon. There are no images in the folders but it's possible it's in the MP3's and I didn't notice it before.

I checked one of the files with mp3tag and it shows no cover art. I've attached a screenshot of this.

I checked the folder, for this MP3, and it only has the MP3 in the folder.

204669344_Coverart.png.4a13678b84bd67a356ccd166e0e85eca.png

Edited by as2002
Small correction

Hi there, have you tried using the image editor on the songs in Emby? One of them probably has an image assigned to it. 

Thanks. Using the image editor I found the following:

1. Some albums have images attached

2. Some artists have images attached. If I have an album containing more than one artist it uses an image from one artist for the album art.

I would appreciate your help with the following questions:

Do you know why Emby downloaded the images? I think I have all the meta data services switched off.

Can I stop it using artist images for albums containing more than one artist?

Can I delete all the images or do I need to update each album or artist individually?

Thanks for your reply. I only used the Image Editor to provide the information in my previous post (18:31 31/10/2020 UK time). I have not used the image editor before then.

Sorry, I misread your question, my mistake.

There are no images at the song level either.

If it helps I can try removing the images from one artist and see if that changes anything?

• 4 weeks later...

Just to give an update on this:

I removed the images from all of the artists approximately one week ago and that seems to have worked. So far it hasn't added the images again. I haven't worked out why it added the images originally.