question about app playback unlock

wildsprite

wildsprite

I bought the app playback unlock for your competitor that I shall only hint with a P and I was given the ability for playback on android TV/Fire TV as well. Does that happen with Emby as well? 

thanks for your time.

note: I do eventually want to buy Emby premier (preferably lifetime) but the economy hasn't been so nice to me. 

Hi. At this time, these are different apps so would require different unlocks.  We have Premiere to cover all the apps.

Thanks.

On 10/6/2020 at 7:05 AM, wildsprite said:

I bought the app playback unlock for your competitor that I shall only hint with a P and I was given the ability for playback on android TV/Fire TV as well. Does that happen with Emby as well? 

Plex doesn't have app unlocks as they want everyone to use their apps.  The more you use the apps the more content you watch with their ads in them.

Emby does not believe in doing this and has a different income model completely.  Many apps are free, some can be unlocked for a one time low cost purchase and some apps are reversed for Emby Premiere accounts only.  Besides an app unlock, having a Premiere license will unlock 25 apps for all features including premiere features, not just for you but your family and friends as well.

So an Emby Premiere license will unlock all app types and you can use any of them.