Chromecast Issue - Emby 4.5.1.0

Lun
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hello everyone

I just migrated my Emby server to some new hardware (on the 02.10.2020) and the new installation seems to have an issue with the Chromecast, as I can connect to it but once I hit play it just stands there loading and nothing happens.

I've tested everything I could think of.. local and remote Chromecast, different versions of Chromecast, different types of media, I even moved my Emby server between different OS's (tried Windows Server 2016, 2019 and Ubuntu) and it never works. Everything else is working correctly.

The server does not have a custom certificate installed and is pretty much default.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue? I saw a recent topic for the exact same issue but it went the certificate route. (which does not apply to me).

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

harold1979

Hello, I have the same problem but in my case when I give it play from the android application it does nothing even though I am already connected to the chromecast, if you manage to solve it, let me know, thank you.

I've had issues recently (last few weeks), just get spinning wheel on Android phone when I try to play on a chromecast gen 2, but everything plays fine on a chromecast Ultra 

Interesting. I've tried different versions of chromecasts both locally and remote (through other users) and nothing seems to work.

Given the amount of recent topics, clearly something changed and we are not alone with this issue.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further?

No, that doesn't seem to be the issue. None of the affected Chromecasts have been renamed lately or are accessible using other networks.

I did try to rename the Chromecast anyway to something basic and it still doesn't work.

Ok, is anyone here willing to grant me temporary access to your server? I'd like to debug this myself from my own Chromecast devices. If you're interested, please PM me your server URL, username and password. Thanks !

LeidenSpain

same problem

Tested with Google chromecast, Xiaomi Mi Box4 and Xiaomi Mi Stick (chromecast mode)

LeidenSpain
Just now, CYBERPUNK said:

hey 😄

I've renamed the Chromecast device and it's working fine now

thank you very much for your help!

Where? On the device list?

12 hours ago, LeidenSpai said:

Where? On the device list?

No, in the Google Home app where you manage your Chromecast devices. Then reboot your Chromecast device and restart the Emby app. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LeidenSpain
1 hour ago, Luke said:

No, in the Google Home app where you manage your Chromecast devices. Then reboot your Chromecast device and restart the Emby app. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

ok I'll try when I can

• Solution

Hi there, if you're still seeing this issue, can you please try again? I've just pushed an update to our Chromecast receiver to resolve a similar issue, so it may resolve yours if it's the same thing. Thanks !

• Thanks 1

LeidenSpain
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, if you're still seeing this issue, can you please try again? I've just pushed an update to our Chromecast receiver to resolve a similar issue, so it may resolve yours if it's the same thing. Thanks !

I haven't been able to prove anything yet
also, here I only have the Mi Stick and Mi Box S, the chromecast I have it elsewhere

LeidenSpain
1 hour ago, LeidenSpai said:

I haven't been able to prove anything yet
also, here I only have the Mi Stick and Mi Box S, the chromecast I have it elsewhere

I just tried to rename TV Mi Stick to Mi Stick (using the menu itself, because from Home it is not possible).

And nothing, the same thing keeps happening: "ready to cast" and the emby logo appear on the TV, but if from the mobile you give it to send, it is not even seen on the mobile that is sent-