Sony Bravia Android TV

Shindou12

Shindou12

Is there a way to put the the media into a list view on android tv devises. I'm currently using kodi and enjoy the customization and the simplicity of viewing the media in a list view. It is much easier to see the titles than the grid version. Also, is there a way to amplify the audio when it is direct play. Using the emby server with kodi emby addon. I am able to amplify all of my local media. On the emby app I have to increase the audio to 50 to get it to the equivalent audio of 15 through kodi. I have enjoyed using kodi but the speed of playing the movies and updating what has been watched is a little slow. On the emby app it is much faster which is nice. is there anyway to change these aspects on the native emby app for the sony bravia android tv?

12 hours ago, Shindou12 said:

Is there a way to put the the media into a list view on android tv devises.

Hi.  Not at this time but possibly in the future.

12 hours ago, Shindou12 said:

Also, is there a way to amplify the audio when it is direct play.

If we are direct-playing the media then the volume is being handled by some external component (TV, Receiver, etc.).  You might want to look at the device audio settings and adjust those. Depending on your exact setup, you may want fixed volume or there may be some other sort of processing happening you're not aware of.

Shindou12

I currently have emby on my mac and do not see a way to do fixed volume to increases the sound. The file format is AAC, AC3, and 5.1 for most of the formats. I have emby set to downmix the files. It shows that the videos are direct playing in the emby web app. with the emby skin in kodi you can go to settings - audio settings - put audio db all the way over - volume amplification up some - and downmix up some. I guess there is no way to do that in the native emby app?

39 minutes ago, Shindou12 said:

I have emby set to downmix the files

Can you try changing that setting to "Auto"?

At this time, there is no way to control the audio level when doing a local downmix.

Hi, are you able to sideload app apk's on this device? If so, you could try this and see how it compares: