App terminated

Sir Lazaruz

Sir Lazaruz

Is anyone else getting this message on Samsung TV?

"This emby has been terminated and is no longer available"

It's a brand new TV and I installed Emby via USB from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/tizen/tizen.zip

It works for a day or so then gives me the error message and I can't open Emby, only delete it. I have tried removing it and installed again multiple times and with different versions of Emby.

IMG_20201005_224248.jpg

OK, i've never heard of this before. We'll look into it. The only thing i can think of trying in the meantime would be a factory reset of the tv.

Sir Lazaruz
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK, i've never heard of this before. We'll look into it. The only thing i can think of trying in the meantime would be a factory reset of the tv.

Thank you!

SamES

Please check that you have the latest firmware.  You can try reseting SmartHub before doing a full factory reset.

FrostByte

This almost sounds like what Samsung is doing with some 2015 J-series TVs now.  You can load the usb version, but as soon as you reboot your TV it is no available for use.  Samsung's official stance is that USB installs are only meant for testing and the only supported installs are through the store.

SamES

If you do a Google search, this specific issue seems to happen randomly across most models, and either randomly goes away, goes away after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, or after doing a full SmartHub or TV reset. 

• Like 1

Sir Lazaruz
On 10/6/2020 at 3:16 AM, SamES said:

If you do a Google search, this specific issue seems to happen randomly across most models, and either randomly goes away, goes away after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, or after doing a full SmartHub or TV reset. 

Tried all that without any luck 😒

Sir Lazaruz
14 minutes ago, SamES said:

Are you in a region where you can install the store version?

I'm in Sweden so I can't get the store version

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Sir Lazaruz said:

I'm in Sweden so I can't get the store version

Not unless you want to change the region on your TV 

Sir Lazaruz
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

Not unless you want to change the region on your TV 

Ok, i managed to change region to US and I could install Emby from the store 😃 but it's version 1.0.82, should it not be 1.0.85?

FrostByte

The problem with the store is that it's always a couple versions behind while Samsung does their own testing.  Even different models can be on different releases as they are tested separately.  

SamES

1.0.82 is the September USB release, so it's not that far behind.  I expect 1.0.84 should launch in the store in the next few days.

• Like 1