TV Shows by date added wrong order?

cappapp

cappapp

My emby docker no longer displays tv shows by date added properly any more. Everything else seems fine. But I get a mix of old and new shows when sorting by date added. Any ideas what might cause this?

@Happy2Play please move my posting to a new topic. Thanks.

cappapp

My Emby docker no longer displays tv shows by date added properly any more. Everything else seems fine. But I get a mix of old and new shows when sorting by date added, no shows are missing, if I keep scrolling I will see my all my tv shows, but I know ones that have downloaded recently should be closer to the top. Sorting by date added in movies looks fine, only seems to be tv shows.

It has been fine for the last week or 2, I'm not sure exactly when I first noticed. I don't think any updates have run during then. I have added a bunch of new shows recently, then realized a mistake with files and deleted a smaller bunch, then added them back again. All those ones seem to be about right in order. It just a few others where new episodes have come out in the last week, but they are still way way down the list, where as they should be not long after the big batch of new shows I added in the last week.

I'm not sure what I should do, maybe wait a bit longer and it'll sort itself out? I have tried rebooting. Any ideas what might cause this? or maybe I'm just going crazy, the new episodes tho... they are just so far down. It's certainly wrong. :(

Edited by bugsimus
Paragraphs

cappapp

Looking at it again this morning. Latest TV Shows is different from the Home Screen to when you click on it and go into TV Shows with sort by date added. Has different items showing. I think the home screen is correct. It's only when going in to view all TV shows.

But date added should have those same TV shows like the home screen, because they were literally just added. Including new episodes from this morning.

Edited by bugsimus
Extra line.

But date added should have those same TV shows like the home screen, because they were literally just added

Hi there, have you explored the date added field in the metadata editor for your episodes, as well as the configuration option that determines where this value comes from?

cappapp

Hang on... Have I been wrong with how this works the whole time. Does it mean "Date Added" for the whole show? Not the episode? How can I have not noticed this for over a year?

cappapp
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi there, have you explored the date added field in the metadata editor for your episodes, as well as the configuration option that determines where this value comes from?

Possibly not, will look into it now. I don't recall doing anything special about that on my previous server.

Will these setting be under Library?

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, bugsimus said:

Latest TV Shows is different from the Home Screen to when you click on it and go into TV Shows with sort by date added.

3 minutes ago, bugsimus said:

Hang on... Have I been wrong with how this works the whole time. Does it mean "Date Added" for the whole show? Not the episode? How can I have not noticed this for over a year?

No, Date added apply to the show not episode.  Latest TV Show is sorted by "Latest Episode Date Added".   If you sorted TV by "Latest Episode Date Added" they should be the same.

Edited by Happy2Play

cappapp
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

No, Date added apply to the show not episode.  Latest TV Show is sorted by "Latest Episode Date Added".   If you sorted TV by "Latest Episode Date Added" they should be the same.

Ah Ok, yeah. I though it use to be like that.

Are these the settings?

"

Date added behavior for new content:                         Use date scanned into the library                         Use file creation date                     

If a metadata value is present it will always be used before either of these options.

"

cappapp

Either should of worked in this case as the file was new and the date added was new.

I tried switching, no immediate effect, but maybe it only works from now on? So I'll have to wait for new ones again.

cappapp

If I click the episodes tab at the top, instead of shows. They are all correct too. It's only under the shows menu.

Happy2Play

Nothing has changed here in quite awhile.  A Shows date added only applies to the entire show, not new episodes.  The Latest TV Show has its own custom query that was requested to present by newest added episode.  You have to use the "Latest Episode Date Added" to sort option to get the library to sort the same way.

Just now, bugsimus said:

Either should of worked in this case as the file was new and the date added was new.

I tried switching, no immediate effect, but maybe it only works from now on? So I'll have to wait for new ones again.

No it is immediate, but you may have to go over a specific example.

cappapp

OMG... I'm a bozo. I was choosing "Date Added" and not "Latest Episode"

Thank you so much, I'd rather look like an idiot then sit here and go crazy.

:)

image.png

• Like 1

Happy2Play

@Luke Is there a virtual episode quirk here, new episode of Pandora aired yesterday and have not processed it yet but library is slightly different then Latest? 

Home.thumb.jpg.026466419d44fb10816e7b7326220b54.jpg

filtered.thumb.jpg.f0653d99079e52a291a48cef9e909ab5.jpg

I can see virtual episodes (Upcoming) reorder the list in library also when removing library unplayed filter.  Have not tested at all but may be related to the TimeLord plugin.  It does not appear to be as an example would be Greys Anatomy virtual added 9/18/2020

Edited by Happy2Play

On 10/5/2020 at 8:22 PM, Happy2Play said:

@Luke Is there a virtual episode quirk here, new episode of Pandora aired yesterday and have not processed it yet but library is slightly different then Latest? 

Home.thumb.jpg.026466419d44fb10816e7b7326220b54.jpg

filtered.thumb.jpg.f0653d99079e52a291a48cef9e909ab5.jpg

I can see virtual episodes (Upcoming) reorder the list in library also when removing library unplayed filter.  Have not tested at all but may be related to the TimeLord plugin.  It does not appear to be as an example would be Greys Anatomy virtual added 9/18/2020

I think one area is paying attention to them, and the other is not. So that needs to be looked at. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
kamilon50

I'm downloading all the time the ufc fights which I have set as tv shows.
When I'm downloading new fights they are desapiering and is no way to order them by the date added.

I have change to order by the date added but the episodes are mixed up
image.png.c749a0bbe97900bb856c025dd953f57f.png

this is the first fight it shows which was in 2016
image.thumb.png.2d38009e0a966c36e6e3eafa4b42bc02.png

An there should be the fight which I have downloaded today 2020

Any idea how to sort this out?

image.png

Edited by kamilon50

kamilon50

I would like this to be setup for tv shows which are named as the first image. and the fights for some reason I'm not able to order the fights from the newest to the oldest.

Can you help?

image.thumb.png.1c9369f072f9395300bad2b926623c60.png aimage.thumb.png.2cf0d1c073f66d2b7373b51d54e55664.png as follows

The TV content type will not work well with that file and folder naming. You are better off using the home videos content type.

Then when you are browsing by folder, you can sort them on date added.