Stretch categories to full length of the screen

cochize1
Go to solution Solved by cochize1,

cochize1

Is there a way to stretch categories to full length of the screen no matter the zoom or resolution? So that no matter what settings the user have it will always display fixed all the way from left to right?

image.thumb.png.19ccc2472a4f128d82457d71fd1154b7.png

cochize1
1 hour ago, PenkethBoy said:

just change the % width of each item

12.5% give 8 etc etc

what item exactly? cuz I can't seem to find the right selector

Happy2Play

I use this

div.smallBackdropCard {
    width: 14%;
}

• Like 1

cochize1

ok, so I have just noticed that on mobile (Android 10 if that matters) it doesn't look that good. Is there a way to make it streched on PC but still scrollable or 'normal size' on mobiles?

image.thumb.png.a6f54ab4e2adf4983754e2f5899bcac3.png

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, cochize1 said:

ok, so I have just noticed that on mobile (Android 10 if that matters) it doesn't look that good. Is there a way to make it streched on PC but still scrollable or 'normal size' on mobiles?

image.thumb.png.a6f54ab4e2adf4983754e2f5899bcac3.png

Try changing the precious code to this.

@media (min-width:100em){.smallBackdropCard{width:14%;}

cochize1

Hmm, I believe there is a bracket missing at the end? or not? Anyway, this code fixes the mobile version but again breaks the PC version. If I change resolution to 1440 i.e it still doesn't stretches all the way.

cochize1

Emby for Android Mobile 3.1.23 but it doesn't matter as the problem with css here is when I access Emby through mydomain.com address in Android Chrome, css doesn't alter the emby app as you know

cochize1

yes, or remotly. I set up my emby to be accessible on certain mydomain.com that I bought and 90% of my users connect to my server like that. And this is where I can moderate the looks of my emby by custom css. For the rest 10% that use dedicated Emby applications these changes have no effect.

Happy2Play
9 hours ago, cochize1 said:

Hmm, I believe there is a bracket missing at the end? or not? Anyway, this code fixes the mobile version but again breaks the PC version. If I change resolution to 1440 i.e it still doesn't stretches all the way.

No that code is correct as I had to take it directly from the card.css as I could not get the code that displays in console to work.  But I can assume your system is using a different "min-width" then my system.  Without any code which min-width option is your system using?

media.thumb.jpg.11001bc33d959b4564af32f7f8f91d1f.jpg

cochize1

When I insert your code as it is

@media (min-width:100em){.smallBackdropCard{width:14%;}

it breaks all other code below it (I guess). 

6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Without any code which min-width option is your system using?

TBH I have no clue on now to check that. And should't that be some standard code? I would really like to fix that but don't know where to start.

Happy2Play
Just now, cochize1 said:

TBH I have no clue on now to check that. And should't that be some standard code? I would really like to fix that but don't know where to start.

Every resolution will use a different setting.  So a 1900 will be different then 1440 as each resolution will be scaled differently.  So you have to figure out a way to taget different devices as I don't see a mobile mode.

• Solution
cochize1

Funny thing, I thought I would try out different settings and seems I got a hit with the first try. That code looks like it is working on different resolutions and on mobile:

@media (min-width:90em){.smallBackdropCard{width:16.6666666666667%;}

• Like 1