emby connect

cedrussell

cedrussell

I don't ever use these community things, i can find my answers in the forums. I've tried everything I've found ,but still can not connect to emby connect. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've opened the ports in windows firewall. I've gone thru the advance settings in emby, I don't see what else to change. I tried connecting with the ip directly. can someone help me please? I apologize if this has been covered in the forums... i couldn't find the fix for my issue. i'm trying to connect thru both the android app and the Iphone app. I;m actually trying to let my daughter who just moved out to access my library thru her PS4.

embyserver-63737366402.txt

pwhodges

Do you need to use Connect anyway?  What happens in the apps if you simply specify your home's (external) IP and the port you've passed through the router?

It might be helpful for you to go through the connectivity checklist to ensure you've not missed something.

Paul

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 5:23 PM, cedrussell said:

I don't ever use these community things, i can find my answers in the forums. I've tried everything I've found ,but still can not connect to emby connect. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've opened the ports in windows firewall. I've gone thru the advance settings in emby, I don't see what else to change. I tried connecting with the ip directly. can someone help me please? I apologize if this has been covered in the forums... i couldn't find the fix for my issue. i'm trying to connect thru both the android app and the Iphone app. I;m actually trying to let my daughter who just moved out to access my library thru her PS4.

embyserver-63737366402.txt 3.42 MB · 1 download

Hi, As Luke mentioned above we can do a remote session with you to help you get situated.  Feel free to send me a PM/message or just state here you would like to do this and I'll contact you to set this up.

Carlo

cedrussell

hey thanks everyone. The reason I want to use connect is so my daughter can access my library from her apartment. maybe I'm missing something in the modem or something. It shouldn't matter that I'm on dish internet. should it?

You don't need connect for that.  For a single server that has an IP that doesn't change or your using DDNS or a domain name it's not needed and just ads complexity.

Emby Connect allows you to find your server based on the user (what servers do they have access to) vs a name or IP based system like the rest of the Internet.

You can just as easily setup your system up on a dynamic domain system either with a software app or with your router and it will manage any changes in IPs.  Many home routers can do this easily.  Then you just tell users to connect to "yourname.dyndns.ext" or similar.  They then use the username and password you setup on your server for them.

Can just as easily set up a client with the ip and port such as:

Emby Connect is OPTIONAL and not needed at all. Sometimes it just makes things more confusing.