Server unavailable

Bobtrotter

Bobtrotter

Hi

My emby went down last week and now when I click on old emby it says server unavailable, please be simple with your replies I’m no tech genius 

CADBA857-B489-4217-8FD9-49DCB3F4F05F.jpeg

543FBB54-90D2-4A9C-8672-E91983C87BCE.jpeg

image.jpg

Bobtrotter

Hi

its mine , my neighbour is a tech and she set it all up but I paid With my card and it’s on my email address , 
thanks 

What are you running Emby Server on? Are you sure that it's turned on and currently reachable? Are you able to use the Emby web interface on the server machine?

Bobtrotter

It’s on a fire stick , it went down in the week and my neighbour said emby server had been Hacked and it would be down for a few days, I asked my neighbour if hers is working this morning and she has done hers but said I need to know my expiration date which I do not know , 

You installed Emby Server on a firestick? Ok that's fine, but back to my question - Are you sure that Emby Server is started and currently reachable? Are you able to use the Emby web interface on the server machine?

Your screenshot is from our Fire TV player app. The player app connects to your Emby Server, so you first have to make sure your Emby Server is running. So if you did actually install Emby Server on the FireStick, then you need to start the Emby Server app first.

And you're saying the server called "Rapid Emby", that belongs to you?

Bobtrotter

My neighbour installed it she bought it from WhatsApp Saintsfan ? 
I do not know how to check if it is running but I will have a look

Bobtrotter

hi
Just checked with my friend who also had emby set up by my neighbour and his is showing exactly the same as mine ? 
My neighbour did all the setting up and installing on my tv and my friends so neither of us know what we are doing So please use really simple terms as if your explaining to a 5 year old lol
thanks

bought it from WhatsApp Saintsfan ? 

What exactly did she buy? That's not us.

Anyway @cayars can jump on with you and take a closer look.

Again that's the emby player app on the FireStic. The emby player needs to connect to an Emby Server.

What this sounds like to me is the Emby Server is actually owned by whoever this SaintsFan is, and you're going to have to contact that person and ask them for new instructions on how to connect.

Hi,  Emby is software only, not content.  If you want to setup and run your own server you can download it from https://emby.media/download.html.  There are also links to the different apps as well on that same download page.

I would start by reading this knowledge base article which will walk you through the process of getting started with installation and configuration of your Emby Server.
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001089172-home

Carlo