Importing Media Browser Library into XBMC?

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

I want to scorch the earth with all XBMC media knowledge and import the info from Media Browser.

I only use XBMC for Pseudo tv in the living room. I use Media Browser everywhere else, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my xml/nfo data exported from Media Browser and import it into XBMC.

I can find the opposite instructions, but even when I remove my movies from XBMC and clean the library, every time I add the movies folder back and set the scraper to scan locally it always re imports my old XBMC metadata.

I have options set in the Media Browser web ui to save metadata as an xml and nfo, but it doesn't appear to have a manual back up mode, and I can not locate any nfo files (hidden files shown) from either XBMC, or Media Browser within the movie folders themselves.

In a nut shell I want to erase my XBMC metadata from my movie collection and replace it with the metadata from Media Browser and continue  to use Media Browser to look up and save the metadata in the future in XBMC.

I apologize if this has been explained multiple times. Asking Google the right question on this has been difficult.

And thank you for any and all help!

z31fanatic

Can you just uninstall xbmc and choose the option to also delete all data and then re-install xbmc and point it to where your MB movie folders are with the metadata? I think xbmc won't add anything if everything is there already. Well, at least that's what it looked like to me when I installed xbmc after I had installed MBS.

• Like 1

atomicmoon

That's pretty much where I was heading, but glad I didn't! I was blind as a bat and over looked the .nfo files. I'm currently deleting them, and then going to follow the steps saitoh183 provided here http://goo.gl/LWJAzk . I'm not sure what kind of shock this will cause to my other 2 XBMC databases, but if I have to re-build their databases at least they will be with Media Browser info from here on out for easy editing and importing.

Thanks for the suggestion! And sorry for wasting forum space for such a bonehead oversight. Hopefully someone else can get use out of this in the future.

Vidman

Also in xbmc set the scrapers for each source to local only so it loads mb3 artwork etc from the folder rather than looking it up and downloading (again) from the internet

Edited by Vidman

• 3 weeks later...
Vidman

If you export your xbmc library as individual files xbmc will store your library metadata into your media library folders. If you then add these as media folders in mb3 ..I believe mb3 can now read and/or write xbmc compatible .nfo files and metadata.

Edited by Vidman