Chromecast streaming stopped working

roginissaf

roginissaf

Hi, everything was working fine but a week ago emby web (localhost) chromecast streaming stopped working.  I get the Emby logo on TV, when I press play I see a circle going around indefinitely. I can't think of anything I did last week that could have caused this.  I run EmbyServer on a dual boot MacBookPro, with a separate EmbyServer installation running under Catalina (with which I have no problem streaming to Chromecast), and one under Big Sur beta 7 (with which I have this problem - but it did work until last week).  Since this problem appeared I have updated to the latest version of Emby which made no difference.

My Chromecast works fine with other apps.  Network setup is as simple as could be.  I see two error reports in the logs.  One is "PortMapper: Error creating port map" (the router indicates that the ports are open and enabled).  Second error in logs is "Failed to start UDP Server".  See logs for more details.

MacBookPro - macos 11.0 Beta
Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Emby 4.5.1.0

I'm not very technically proficient.  Would very much appreciate any help.

emby_dash.thumb.jpg.aa882e4234b4eca74cf64a74396a1dab.jpg

router_upnp.thumb.png.309c8ad9a5fe9994d87faf98daa776b1.png

embyserver.txt

Hi there, are you still running into this? If so, can you please attach the contents of the chrome browser debug console? Thanks.

roginissaf

The problem is a little bit different after I rebooted all my devices (router, macbook, chromecast) and updated to the latest Big Sur Beta 9. Now, I still get the Emby "Ready to cast" screen but when i try to play a file nothing happens anymore - I don't get the circle turning endlessly.  I have also tried using the browser Brave with exact same result.

Thanks in advance for your help.

chrome_console_log.rtf

Would you mind sharing access to your server temporarily? I'd like to debug this from my own chromecast device. If that's possible then please PM me a server url, username and password that i can use. thanks.

roginissaf

ok, i've never tested the remote connection before, it doesn't seem to work.  I'll try to fix it and get back to you.  Thank you again for your help.

Hi there, if you're still seeing this issue, can you please try again? I've just pushed an update to our Chromecast receiver to resolve a similar issue, so it may resolve yours if it's the same thing. Thanks !

• Like 1