Subtitle rendering bug

Seneca2510

Seneca2510

Using the Tizen app, the bottom row of some files' subtitles appears to be cut off, whereas they render fine on every other Emby client I've tested.

First noticed this a few weeks ago, but it may have been introduced with the change to text-based subtitles in version 1.0.81.

After some digging with SubtitleEdit, I discovered that the issue occurs when dual-row subtitles are created by having two subtitles with the same time code (instead of a single subtitle with a line break). This is presumably not the "correct" approach, but these subtitles always played fine until recently, and still do on other Emby clients. It's just the Tizen app that ignores the overlapping subs altogether.

(As a workaround, SubtitleEdit contains the option to merge overlapping timecodes. The corrected subtitles can then be exported as an .srt file.)

Hi there, did you install from the store or USB? You could try installing a newer version from USB and see how that compares.

SamES
18 hours ago, Seneca2510 said:

Using the Tizen app, the bottom row of some files' subtitles appears to be cut off, whereas they render fine on every other Emby client I've tested.

First noticed this a few weeks ago, but it may have been introduced with the change to text-based subtitles in version 1.0.81.

After some digging with SubtitleEdit, I discovered that the issue occurs when dual-row subtitles are created by having two subtitles with the same time code (instead of a single subtitle with a line break). This is presumably not the "correct" approach, but these subtitles always played fine until recently, and still do on other Emby clients. It's just the Tizen app that ignores the overlapping subs altogether.

(As a workaround, SubtitleEdit contains the option to merge overlapping timecodes. The corrected subtitles can then be exported as an .srt file.)

Can you attach a photo showing this issue, and the media info and I will try and reproduce it.

Seneca2510

On the left is a screenshot from the iOS client, on the right a photo of the Tizen version (on a QE75Q9F). Media is a simple 1080p, h264 file, 24 fps. Srt subtitle file or embedded srt, it makes no difference.

Seems like the Tizen version handles subtitles differently _if two subtitles start at the same timecode_ as a way of achieving two lines.

IOS.PNG

Tizen.JPEG