What OS are you using with emby for Kodi?

xnappo

What OS do you run XBMB3C on?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. What OS(s) are you running XBMB3C on?

AmericanCrisis

Now that Android is getting popular, we should look into getting the Repo installable via http - I see other popular repos do this..

@@Angelblue05 - take a look at this:

http://www.htpcbeginner.com/install-superrepo-kodi-easy-addon-installation/

If we can get a nice short url, we could install directly from the server instead of having to download on a PC, install ESFileExplorer etc.

This would be very cool! Other, lesser known apps are doing this. 

Quick question to anybody that can help.... How does Kodi update Emby plugin?  Do I need to manually do this by downloading the new repo? 

Angelblue05

Install the repository of your choice. If you want to use the stable version of the Emby add-on, then install the stable repository, which contains the stable Emby add-on. If you want to be a bit more bleeding edge, you can grab the beta repository which contains the beta version of the emby add-on. Once you have the repository installed and the add-on, if we update the add-on, Kodi will see it and update according to your settings (you can set up auto-update settings by going to Kodi settings > add-ons > side menu)

You can find both repo and more info here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki

Edited by Angelblue05

• 3 weeks later...
rcarteraz

I'm using it on Fire Tv (android) and it is by far the greatest thing I've come across since I started using Kodi a year ago.

• Like 2

DarkStaff

Currently running Emby for Kodi on an OpenElec box (CuBoxi), have Emby Server running on Windows Vista (Old school), and library stored on a Norco RPC-4220 (16TB currently, 32TB next month) running FreeNAS. Eventually looking at a 6th Gen i5 intel NUC running Windows 7 Pro to replace current server.

Edited by DarkStaff

kayoemby

Currently running Emby for Kodi on an OpenElec box (CuBoxi), have Emby Server running on Windows Vista (Old school), and library stored on a Norco RPC-4220 (16TB currently, 32TB next month) running FreeNAS. Eventually looking at a 6th Gen i5 intel NUC running Windows 7 Pro to replace current server.

Just curious. Why Windows 7 pro? I'm running emby server on Windows 10 pro which also doubles as my file server. It's been flawless.

I'm running Kodi on Fire Tv with the Emby addon.

Again, just curiosity on my part.

• 10 months later...
tonytoronto

Just recently i started using Emby from within Kodi. Using one laptop with windows 7 in it, also running it on my HTPC, windows 7.

Recently started playing with Raspberry Pi and libreelec, but looks like Kodi V18 not supported yet, kinda sucks. Dont want to downgrade to Kripton for now.

xnappo

Just recently i started using Emby from within Kodi. Using one laptop with windows 7 in it, also running it on my HTPC, windows 7.

Recently started playing with Raspberry Pi and libreelec, but looks like Kodi V18 not supported yet, kinda sucks. Dont want to downgrade to Kripton for now.

Pull requests welcome.