Playback of older files fails in browser

yourlord

yourlord

I am running emby 4.5.1 (upgraded from 4.4 today trying to fix this with no success) on Debian 9.

I've had this issue for some time and just decided to try to work through it today.

I am able to play any file on my Roku Ultra on my local LAN.

From a browser I can't play many of the older files in my library. Files recently added play fine.

I've confirmed there are no permission issues on the files in question. The user emby runs as can read the files.

I've attached an ffmpeg transcode log. This looks a lot like a failure of the included ffmpeg version to parse my files.

As a test I removed the file the transcode log was for which was failing to play and rescanned my library, then added the file back and rescanned again and that file will now play.

Any suggestions on how I can fix whatever is causing this without having to purge and rebuild my entire library? Having to curate thousands of files for identify errors again would completely suck.

ffmpeg-transcode-24f1202a-443a-4fbb-a850-0a10650ed789_1.txt

Edited by yourlord

yourlord

any ideas on this?

As an added data point I've discovered that if I refresh/replace metadata on the title in question, it will play afterward. So this definitely looks like an issue with the metadata in the DB. This library has been curated quite awhile in Emby.. I don't recall how old the version was I started on.

Edited by yourlord

Hi, have you updated to Emby Server 4.5.2, has that helped? If not, can you try refreshing the metadata on one of these titles, and then see if that helps? Thanks !