Firestick 4K

Micksflick
Go to solution Solved by Mick Media,

Micksflick

I am trying to connect my firestick 4k Emby client  to my Emby server that's running on windows 10 tried to sync with connect and manual but just keep getting this message   ( jana.lang.illegalStateException:Expected BEGIN_ARRAy but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $ anybody got any Ideas how to connect them together.

IMG_20201003_132337839.jpg

Hi.  That is usually in indication that something on your network is interfering with the information between the devices.  Are you going through a reverse proxy or anything like that?  What version of the server and app?

Micksflick

Hi I am running the server on my home computer running windows 10 thinking its just running a proxy server the Emby server is 4.5.1.0 and the client on the 4K fire stick is the one on the app store cant find what version it is.

5 hours ago, Micksflick said:

thinking its just running a proxy server

Sorry, you are running a proxy or not?

How about any other security or anti-malware on your network.  This problem almost always comes down to one of those.

Micksflick

Yep just tried it by switching everything off still not working think I go back to using Plex  have no problems with that.

Can you create that message, then hit that "Send Logs" button on that screen and then come here and tell me what time you did that?

Hi.  Can you paste the following text into a web browser on your network and show me exactly what comes back?

http://192.168.1.69:8096/emby/Users/Public?format=json

Thanks.

Micksflick
[{"Name":"mesel","ServerId":"7b7d4335e14e4da0a65e9e0c95da2fa7","Id":"dabe2b3f8aa849cb93f1f4405e106a8e","HasPassword":true,"HasConfiguredPassword":true,"HasConfiguredEasyPassword":false,"LastLoginDate":"2020-10-06T06:52:37.8308480+00:00","LastActivityDate":"2020-10-06T14:34:10.6308087+00:00","Configuration":{"PlayDefaultAudioTrack":true,"DisplayMissingEpisodes":false,"GroupedFolders":[],"SubtitleMode":"Default","DisplayCollectionsView":false,"EnableLocalPassword":false,"OrderedViews":["f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805","6c2a057148b4d7c20a207c789aba6d07","06b0f58922988358c18b3ac18cb045bf","5ada83725024d78cbe8173fc5d42a587","ccee870ac85b8a30a4e206ee57b82b0e"],"LatestItemsExcludes":[],"MyMediaExcludes":[],"HidePlayedInLatest":true,"RememberAudioSelections":true,"RememberSubtitleSelections":true,"EnableNextEpisodeAutoPlay":true},"Policy":{"IsAdministrator":true,"IsHidden":false,"IsHiddenRemotely":true,"IsDisabled":false,"BlockedTags":[],"IsTagBlockingModeInclusive":false,"EnableUserPreferenceAccess":true,"AccessSchedules":[],"BlockUnratedItems":[],"EnableRemoteControlOfOtherUsers":true,"EnableSharedDeviceControl":true,"EnableRemoteAccess":true,"EnableLiveTvManagement":true,"EnableLiveTvAccess":true,"EnableMediaPlayback":true,"EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding":true,"EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding":true,"EnablePlaybackRemuxing":true,"EnableContentDeletion":true,"EnableContentDeletionFromFolders":[],"EnableContentDownloading":true,"EnableSubtitleDownloading":true,"EnableSubtitleManagement":true,"EnableSyncTranscoding":true,"EnableMediaConversion":true,"EnabledDevices":[],"EnableAllDevices":true,"EnabledChannels":[],"EnableAllChannels":true,"EnabledFolders":[],"EnableAllFolders":true,"InvalidLoginAttemptCount":0,"EnablePublicSharing":true,"RemoteClientBitrateLimit":0,"AuthenticationProviderId":"Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.DefaultAuthenticationProvider","ExcludedSubFolders":[],"SimultaneousStreamLimit":0}}]

Okay, that looks fine which has me thinking something must be messing with it before it reaches the Fire Stick.  You're sure there is no VPN or anything like that in play?

Micksflick

Yep tried that comes on with all the content for streaming the crashes back to the Emby icon.

Thanks for you help I think I'll give up.

31 minutes ago, Micksflick said:

Yep tried that comes on with all the content for streaming the crashes back to the Emby icon.

Thanks for you help I think I'll give up.

What apk did you sideload?

2 minutes ago, Mick Media said:

The Emby app off my android phone through the easy fire tool app. Emby connected fine on my mobile phone 

More evidence that something on the network is mucking with the network traffic to that Fire device.  We've seen this in the past.  It could be something you don't even suspect like something on your router...

What version of the mobile app did you try?  You should try the one in the test forum but, I can also possibly build you a test version of the TV app that logs the exact return from the server so maybe we can see what it is getting.

53 minutes ago, Mick Media said:

The Emby app off my android phone through the easy fire tool app. Emby connected fine on my mobile phone 

Ok so you tried that on the phone and not the firestick, right?

Mick Media

Yep tried it on the fire stick it let's me log in then it shows my stuff I can stream then crashes back t to to Emby icon then when you try to open it again it just goes back to the Emby icon. 

Ok thanks. Yes the playback crash is expected as that app doesn't have an amazon-compatible video player (yet). I just wanted to confirm that you could indeed log in.

2 hours ago, Mick Media said:

Yep tried it on the fire stick it let's me log in then it shows my stuff I can stream then crashes back t to to Emby icon then when you try to open it again it just goes back to the Emby icon. 

Can you install this APK on the fire, then bring it up and get that message, and then hit the send logs button again?

app-amazon-release.zip

Thank you very much.  Does look like something is maybe trying to encrypt or otherwise interfere with the network traffic.  From the request you posted above, here is what the Fire TV is receiving:

�UMo�:�/��֠�,�77q_
8MP��=,ɕM�"
�rb��]I�S'n{	�����̐��}��YT�G�����Y*