Sever not accessible.

clarkss12

clarkss12

I am running the Emby server for Android on my Beelink GS-King X which has 2 internal hard drive bays.  It is working fantastic as a standalone server/client device. 

However, every morning when I try to access the server, from that device or any other device on my network, it will not make a connection, all I get is a spinning circle.  I have to power cycle the server for it to work again. 

This device also supports a simple file server, and it NEVER loses connection, I can access my files anywhere on my network, at any time.

What data can I provide, since I can't connect to the server?  

Screenshot_20201003-081611.thumb.png.f8b1605605638b03ab6331f6c9c265ed.pngScreenshot_20201003-081544.thumb.png.b1411e86f4ee8b539f612d005b956287.pngScreenshot_20201003-081558.thumb.png.8dc146fd48ae4a82460efb646ca565c8.pngScreenshot_20201003-081631.thumb.png.98a5fc9bd1e906dad092df097e74edce.pngScreenshot_20201003-081824.thumb.png.6c3788133981034a261f779e5b928562.pngScreenshot_20201003-081737.thumb.png.092de03dde12cebc28c6ec18e4c5a1b8.pngScreenshot_20201003-081656.thumb.png.127b19c8adb8a6fd72e9fa16b8f86558.png

Is the server crashing?  Can you tell if it is running when you bring the device back up?

Exactly how are you "power cycling the  server"?

clarkss12

he server is not crashing....  What I notice is that even though, I can't access the server from any Emby client app, it is still working, because it is still recording live TV shows.....

When I open the server app, I have the option to stop server or open in browser, I use the stop server option.  Sometimes that does not work, so I have to power cycle the machine, and when the machine reboots, the server restarts automatically.......

You can see from the time stamp, it was still recording this morning early.

recordings.thumb.jpg.42b0aa30ae2acccfe4768c86a75cb01d.jpg

server.jpg

Edited by clarkss12

Is the server accessible from a machine not on the same device?  Is the IP address shown on the dash correct?

clarkss12

The server is NOT accessible for any device on the network.  The IP address is correct, because when I restart the server, the other devices will connect.  Example, when the server stops connecting to my network, and sitting at my computer with the "http://app.emby.media/#!/dashboard.html" weblink open, all I get is a spinning circle.   Leaving the webpage open with the spinning circle, and restarting the server, the webpage will finally open.

clarkss12

I think these are the newer logs.

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63737314871.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-979bf212-bf6c-41f6-a6fa-e22ce1a2215e_1.txt

hardware_detection-63737314885.txt

Right now, none of my devices can access the server, but yet, it is still recoding a movie.........

Earlier, I was able to connect with my Nvidia Shield, but now it won't connect again.... So, it appears like the sever is going to sleep and hiding from the network, but still working....

Edit 2:  Was not able to connect to server with shield, now after awhile it connects again.  However, trying to use a Windows Chrome tab, all I get is a spinning circle.............

Edited by clarkss12

clarkss12
1 hour ago, Luke said:

I would suggest checking out our connection troubleshooter:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Read it, but that did not help........  typed in this address (http://192.168.10.***:8096/web/index.html#!/home on my computer on the same network and all I get is a spinning circle.  Right now, it is recording a movie, so the server has NOT crashed.

IF I reboot the server, then I can access the server on my computer or any other device on my network....

clarkss12

My hardware appears to go into some kind of standby mode, and that is what appears to be killing my connection..  However, it does not interrupt any actions that are already occurring, like a recording.

I will leave a live TV playing for the rest of the day and night.  I will power off the AVR and TV, but leave the Emby app to continue to play......

1683927194_livetvplaying.thumb.jpg.acc8d427e917e1094e2ef011c22280ea.jpg

clarkss12

Left a live TV channel playing last night, with the TV and AVR turned off.  As suspected, that server running on this device stayed connected, I could access it from any device on my network.

Conclusion:    When Emby is NOT active and the device goes into standby mode, Emby losses connection to my network, and it cannot be restored without powering off/on the server. 

When Emby is actively playing a video, the devices does NOT go into standby mode....

However, as stated earlier, this device has a native file server, and it never loses network connection, even if the device goes into standby mode.

I have not looked at the logs so forgive me asking.  If you can't login to the server, how do you know it's recording a show?

From a PC can you ping the device?

When you say above "device goes into standby mode" are you talking about the client device?  Does a restart of the client fix the issue? How about just resetting the network?

clarkss12
9 hours ago, cayars said:

I have not looked at the logs so forgive me asking.  If you can't login to the server, how do you know it's recording a show?

From a PC can you ping the device?

When you say above "device goes into standby mode" are you talking about the client device?  Does a restart of the client fix the issue? How about just resetting the network?

I can access the recording destination from my pc and see that it is recording because the size keeps increasing.

Anyway, since I could not solve that problem, I installed a couple of different firmwares on it, and those do not have that issue.  Right now, I am running an ATV ROM created by a different person and the Android Server is running perfectly....

• Like 1