Anime as a Library

roshanconnor

roshanconnor

Hi everyone

So I had added my Anime Collection as a Library

I chose Category - TV Shows

Plugin - I installed Anime Plugin from Plugins option

Database - I chose AniDB as my database of choice for the metadata

My Fliles are named perfectly for Media server..its working great with Plex Server

So it took some time for the initial scan and it was done after around 4 hours

The issue is it detected the files..but there is no metadata at all..I cant see any images or any info about the show

How can I fix this

Thank you

Happy2Play

Can you go over a specific example and provide the server log.

Happy2Play

A dev will have to comment more but your connection to AniDB are timing out.

2020-10-03 00:01:27.536 Error App: Error in AniDB
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.1.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-1024-gcp (buildd@lcy01-amd64-025) (gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)) #24~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Sun Sep 6 03:37:03 UTC
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.Net.WebException: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)
	   at System.Net.WebClient.<>c__DisplayClass164_0.<OpenReadAsync>b__0(IAsyncResult iar)
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime.Providers.AniDB.Identity.AniDbTitleDownloader.DownloadTitles_static(String titlesFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime.Providers.AniDB.Identity.AniDbTitleDownloader.Load_static(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime.Providers.Equals_check.Fast_xml_search(String a, String b, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean return_AniDBid, Int32 x_)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime.Providers.AniDB.Metadata.AniDbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(SeriesInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Net.Requests
	TargetSite: System.Net.WebResponse EndGetResponse(System.IAsyncResult)

roshanconnor
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

A dev will have to comment more but your connection to AniDB are timing out.

2020-10-03 00:01:27.536 Error App: Error in AniDB
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.1.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-1024-gcp (buildd@lcy01-amd64-025) (gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)) #24~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Sun Sep 6 03:37:03 UTC
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.Net.WebException: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)
	   at System.Net.WebClient.<>c__DisplayClass164_0.<OpenReadAsync>b__0(IAsyncResult iar)
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime.Providers.AniDB.Identity.AniDbTitleDownloader.DownloadTitles_static(String titlesFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime.Providers.AniDB.Identity.AniDbTitleDownloader.Load_static(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime.Providers.Equals_check.Fast_xml_search(String a, String b, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean return_AniDBid, Int32 x_)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime.Providers.AniDB.Metadata.AniDbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(SeriesInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Net.Requests
	TargetSite: System.Net.WebResponse EndGetResponse(System.IAsyncResult)

I See

I hope any dev will respond to this Matter..I will wait

Thanks

roshanconnor
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Is there a problem with the anidb website?

Just tested and it works fine

Do you guys have any other suggestion? to use for anime?

Perhaps you have something blocking emby server from sending the outgoing communication? Please attach the emby server log. thanks.

Ok yea that log suggests to me that something in your environment is blocking the server from making a connection to anidb. The other possibility is that the connection is just slow and the timeout used by the plugin is too aggressive.

roshanconnor

7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok yea that log suggests to me that something in your environment is blocking the server from making a connection to anidb. The other possibility is that the connection is just slow and the timeout used by the plugin is too aggressive.

Oh

I mean the connection is fast enough..1Gbps

Maybe something else is blocking it

Is there any other Plugin I could use for Anime?

Thanks