[F.R.]{server/app} Per user ability to hide shows from homepage.

trusselo
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

trusselo

Damn it....

my sister wants "keeping up with the kardatshians" on my server.
I dont want to see new episodes of it pop up under "latest TV shows" in my user homescreen.

It would be nice if i could right-click/long-press on a recent episode and "hide this show from homepage" for my user account.

• Like 1

Junglejim

Yeah that would be annoying! :) My advice would be create a separate user account for her and yourself. Keep the admin user for admin.. The separate user accounts should have limited access, such as delete options etc. If your just local streaming you can forgo the password on the user accounts so you can switch back and forth easily just like Netfilx or add a pin for login.

Happy2Play

In a multi user environment and you do not watch said series you could use tags on the series and restrict that tag on your account.  But to a point if falls under the Forget Series in Next up, but still would have to be a multi user environment.

Junglejim

Yeah I just realised that he does not want to see that rubbish in his latest episodes, different accounts would solve the next up problem.

So @Happy2Play if you tag something as say "rubbish" you can stop that from appearing in your user account? That sounds like a good solution if it works. :)

Edited by Junglejim
spelling

• Solution
Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

So @Happy2Play if you tag something as say "rubbish" you can stop that from appearing in your user account? That sounds like a good solution if it works. :)

Yes, tag Series/Show then go to the User and Parental Control-Restrict Items With Tags and apply with Block items with this tag.

• Like 1

trusselo
On 03/10/2020 at 08:18, ebr said:

Another option is to use physical organization of the items on the server and then New Folder based Access Control

I tried the folder based control before but now with my unraid setup using sonarr radarr and deluge I would have to manually move into "her folder" every time an episode downloads... 

Using tags to restrict the episodes from my account would remove it completely from my library,

I just want it hidden from the home screen...

What if I have a girl over and she really really wants to watch that show?  I'm not going to say no if it gets me fun time

1 hour ago, trusselo said:

I would have to manually move into "her folder" every time an episode downloads... 

No you don't.  You just locate the series in her folder in the first place...

trusselo

Actually you are right I could still get that to happen by using a second TV folder etc etc...

I can make it work

But still right click, hide from homepage could be handy for other users in other situations

I wasn't really requesting this for me