DLNA Server disappears after about 25 minutes

ggrallo

ggrallo

Hello! I am running Emby 4.5.1 on a QNAP NAS. When I look for the media servers on an Onkyo receiver Emby does not show up, but the QNAP DLNA does. If I restart Emby, I can see it as a choice and play music from it, but it only plays about 25 minutes and then repeats the last song. When I search for Emby, it no longer shows up. I have BubbleUpnp and I see Emby there and I see it in Windows Media Player. It seems to be specific to Onkyo. I changed the "blast alive" to 900 seconds, but this did not solve the problem. I don't remember which version of Emby was working, but this problem is new. I contacted Onkyo support first, but they only recommended rebooting the network. I can send logs if needed. Thanks! 

Btw I just checked roku media player and did not see Emby there either

Edited by ggrallo
added information

ggrallo

Just a quick update to this post. I have updated Emby to 4.5.2 and am seeing the same issue. DLNA is either not showing up at all or shows up for a 10 minutes or so after rebooting the server. I cannot see it on an LG TV, Roku Media Player or Onkyo AVR. I am able to see the DLNA server using BubbleUpnp and Windows Media Player. I have also disabled HDD Standby on the Qnap NAS. Thanks!

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63737767958.txt

Thanks for looking into this! LG TV is seeing the server, but it is still not displaying consistently on Roku Media Player or Onkyo AVR.

Edited by ggrallo
Info

• 2 weeks later...

If you'd like to try the beta server, I'm curious to know if version 4.6.0.3+ helps with this. Thanks.

14 hours ago, ggrallo said:

I installed 4.6.0.3. I'm beginning to wonder if it is an onkyo problem, though I can see the built in qnap dlna server

Can you please attach the emby server log from the beta? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi there. Just an update. I'm running Emby 4.6.0.6 (beta) on an older QNAP NAS. Emby DLNA seems to not show up consistently or at all on WMP, Onkyo Receiver, Roku or LG TV. I can always see it in Bubbleupnp. To test the network environment I installed both Twonky and QNAP DLNA on the NAS, and both show up consistently on all devices. Thanks!

embyserver.txt

9 minutes ago, ggrallo said:

Hi there. Just an update. I'm running Emby 4.6.0.6 (beta) on an older QNAP NAS. Emby DLNA seems to not show up consistently or at all on WMP, Onkyo Receiver, Roku or LG TV. I can always see it in Bubbleupnp. To test the network environment I installed both Twonky and QNAP DLNA on the NAS, and both show up consistently on all devices. Thanks!

embyserver.txt 397.95 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, it shows up pretty consistently for me now. You could try making the blast alive message interval a little more frequent, although the beta channel has already lowered the default to once every five minutes.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what's causing it to not show up.I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, but it still doesn't seem to show up on most devices, even with the blast alive message at 300 seconds. Any other suggestions would be welcome. Thanks again.

gihayes

I used to have that issue until I lowered my blast alive message setting to 30 seconds. I haven't had the issue since.

Thanks for suggesting this. I tried your suggestion of lowering the blast alive to 30 seconds, but it still didn't correct the issue. Any other suggestions would be welcome!

Just so we're clear, that's really not recommended from a resource consumption standpoint as it's going to cause a lot of repeated network activity, so if it didn't help, then i would set it back to default.

Milldor

DLNA has never consistently worked for me on any devices.

I've had the server running on Windows and now on a Docker in Unraid. Emby doesn't show in Windows explorer, LG TV, Nvidia shield or android phone, Everything works through the respective apps. But DLNA has never shown up for more than 10 minutes,

• 2 months later...