Libreelec Addon abandoned?

Wheemer

Wheemer

I have had time to settle and am back on the docker version and all seems well.

I am not sure what happened to cause things to go awry so drastically on initial startup. I have since rebooted with t he docker version enabled and although delayed, it all came up without issue eventually.

During my fiasco on monday nothing would load and all I got was a forever circle... It would be nice to delay launching kodi some to account for the background services to load, I'll have to look into that.

With regards to the docker version, how can I even add a new path? I have attempted it and searched for clue but nothing seems to work. I think I am supposed to add a volume in portainer but I can't get that working. It's just SOOO much easier when not having to deal with Emby being locked up in a vault.

With regards to the docker version, how can I even add a new path? I

You need to add it to your Docker run command first in order for Emby Server to be able to see the path. Instructions are in our setup guide. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

I think I am supposed to add a volume in portainer 

Maybe? I think portrainer gives you a user interface around the docker run command, right? So you might be able to do it there.

Wheemer

I am a linux noob so I can't seem to figure out how to add the path. Do you have a link to that guide?

I'm currently unable to delete anything with emby throwing a permissions error. This docker stuff is a bit of a pain. Strange that there would be a permission error considering everything runs as root on libreelec. I have no clue where to even start with this one.

Wheemer

Yeah I looked through that before but I don't see how that help with the libreelec addon. All of that is supposedly taken care of and I'm not sure how I would modify the files the addon creates.

Either way this docker thing seems out of my league. I don't want to have to learn linux to run it like it should run.

These permission issues are just causing bad user experience. The fact that you cannot manually download a new subtitle through a kodi addon and now I can't even delete any videos has made me go back to the native addon. I can easily live without thumbnail creation considering everything else just works. It's really too bad that someone can't just fix the native libreelec addon so it works with images and updates properly. It seems like added bloat to have to run docker, docker updater and then Emby for docker.

I know I keep flip flopping but in the end I want to use whatever works for the user.

Wheemer

Well I have been specifically asking about the LibreELEC addons.

Then got onto the docker version which is another LibreELEC addon from the linuxserver.io repo. Which seems to have differences. This is unlike a normal linux install, at least that's supposed to be the point of LibreELEC. I would love more documentation that is more specific to my situation.

However as it seems to be such a complicated thing to get going apparently, I will just avoid the headaches and stick with the native Emby4 LibreELEC addon. Everything just works except thumbnails so small sacrifice.

I have zero other need for docker so I'd just rather avoid it entirely.

Thanks