tried reinstalling - getting error port 8096 in use

JSopha

Help community.... In an effort to try to get my DS213 (Armv5) unit to work) I uninstalled previous beta and mono, removed emby and embysvr users and permissions. Reinstalled mono, d/l and tried to install 4.6.0.1armv5 spk but for the life of me cannot get it to reinstall. I get the following port 8096 in use. I have searched everywhere within DSM and cannot find it in use anywhere not can I find out if this is a remnant of the old config. I have restarted the server numerous times. Any thoughts?

Capture.JPG

26 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, have you tried rebooting the NAS?

Multiple times...sadly, it finally worked by going back to 4.5.0.13 beta with many reboots, so I have no idea what changed to allow it finally work. Will install 4.6.0.1 over it now. FWIW- I am running 5.20.1.34-15 of Mono. 

Also - just placed my order for a shiny new DS220+. Want a cheap DS213??🤪

@Luke Interesting ... 4.6.0.1 installed, but it basically reset all the server configs upon startup. Was able to get it to start and began the very first step of 'new install" (set language) but then it hangs from there. See attached screen snip and most recent logs.

Capture.thumb.JPG.c1628644e513a4a5e223e15f9d4009e5.JPG

embyserver.txt

Edited by JSopha

Right now we're not sure what's causing that crash, although @FrancoisB was able to solve that here:

So you could try that. However, even if you solve that and are able to get through the startup wized, you'll still have the problem of Emby Server not being able to access the internet due to all of the https request failures. That's due to this:

https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/8648

And that's going to cause a lot of features to not work.

• 1 month later...

Hi @JSopha

I had the exact same problem...

The old Emby version does not delete the port reservations from the Synology database when it is uninstalled.

The following has helped me:
Install the Emby Community version (4.4.3). Then install the latest downloaded version (4.5.2).
After that, Emby didn't work for me at all.
Now uninstall version 4.5.2.
The port reservations will be deleted!
Now you can (hopefully just like me) install version 4.5.2 cleanly.

5 minutes ago, MrHMMD said:

Hi @JSopha

I had the exact same problem...

The old Emby version does not delete the port reservations from the Synology database when it is uninstalled.

The following has helped me:
Install the Emby Community version (4.4.3). Then install the latest downloaded version (4.5.2).
After that, Emby didn't work for me at all.
Now uninstall version 4.5.2.
The port reservations will be deleted!
Now you can (hopefully just like me) install version 4.5.2 cleanly.

Hello @MrHMMD -  this issue is actually fixed in the current packages, but the easier alternative to your method above is to remove the following file manually (I use PuTTY) to be able to install the new one:  usr/local/etc/services.d/EmbyServer.sc 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have this problem (that I can't install the Emby Beta package on a Synology DS218+ with DSM 7.0 Beta, because the installer complains about port 8096 being in use with a different service or reserved by the system). Since this is a fresh install of DSM 7.0 Beta and I have never used Emby on it before, I can't blame the previous version of Emby to be the culprit here. I have no idea of why port 8096 should be used for anything else.

I also ran nmap on the host to see what ports where open. Port 8096 was not one of them.

Can anyone point me in a direction to troubleshoot this problem? Thanks!

Edited by hgpuke

Sorry about the above post, I realised that I had previously installed Jellyfin as a Docker container, and it was it that was taking the 8096 port. After deactivating Jellyfin, the install of Emby worked.

5 hours ago, msloat said:

Same here.

Hi, did you see the previous responses and solutions?

msloat
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you see the previous responses and solutions?

I did.  I actually got it fixed before this.  Just saying I saw the problem too.  But thank you.

• 1 month later...
Eleumas31
On 2/26/2021 at 3:41 PM, hgpuke said:

I have this problem (that I can't install the Emby Beta package on a Synology DS218+ with DSM 7.0 Beta, because the installer complains about port 8096 being in use with a different service or reserved by the system). Since this is a fresh install of DSM 7.0 Beta and I have never used Emby on it before, I can't blame the previous version of Emby to be the culprit here. I have no idea of why port 8096 should be used for anything else.

I also ran nmap on the host to see what ports where open. Port 8096 was not one of them.

Can anyone point me in a direction to troubleshoot this problem? Thanks!

@Luke@hgpuke i have the same issue on Synology DS218+ with DSM 6.2.4 and Emby 4.6 beta.

50 minutes ago, Eleumas31 said:

@Luke@hgpuke i have the same issue on Synology DS218+ with DSM 6.2.4 and Emby 4.6 beta.

Hi, please see the notes above. Thanks.