Download / sync options changed?

kaledi

kaledi

Hello,

Has the sync feature for emby for android mobile devices changed recently.  I have the latest version of the server and app and when I go and create a new download sync, I have the option to sync at various bitrates, or custom.  Under custom I can change the bit rate and that is it.  Am I imagining things, or didn't this feature previously have the option to dictate container, file format for video and audio too?  The folder sync still does this.

Hi there @kaledi, what are you trying to download? Can you please show a screenshot example of what you think has changed? Thanks.

kaledi

So, if I'm downloading a TV show to an Android tablet, then I can choose, an individual file, or season, or the whole show.  I can limit the number of episodes to download and automate replacing watched episodes.  All fine.  I also thought as part of the settings you can also specify the parameters of the file that will be downloaded.  For example, if the server file is MKV, you can specifcy that you want do download a MP4 version; the same also for audio, e.g. if there is DTS audio file, you can specify that you'd rather DD, or AAC etc.

Now I see these options are available for the 'folder sync' function, but not downloading to devices.  I have it in mind that these additional options were available in the past?

Hi, yes these features are for the convert and folder sync features. I don't think we've exposed them yet for the in-app downloads.

Before we can do that we would have to make the dialog aware of what the device supports so that it doesn't present you with options that it won't be able to play.