Error with Plugin Update with official Docker Image

Amtho

Hello,

i cant update my plugins or activate my emby server. Always get following ssl errors.

Im using the official docker repo testet it with latest and beta and cant get it to work. Beside it was working in the past...

The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePluginUpdates(Version applicationVersion, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

@Amtho, can you please find out the value of the SSL_CERT_FILE environment variable in the docker container?

I vaguely recall another user inadvertently changing this a while back and thus causing the same or similar issue. Thanks.

Hi Luke thanks that was the problem.

I used the path to my own certificate for reaching the emby server over ssl in this env.

Maybe a better description of this field is needed in the docker documentation?

Yes we can update the Docker setup guide. I think in all the years we've had the Docker image, this is the second time this has come up, so it's not something we run into very often. Thanks for the feedback.