Weird Missing Media Issue

I'm having a strange. I have a copy of a Dick Tracy tv show from the 30s. 

Its a 15 episode series and it shows that it has 15 episodes on the main icon for it but when I go into the show folder in Emby it only shows as having 12 episodes. It's the same for mobile and PC web. 

Originally the naming of each episode was labeled as chapter 1, 2 etc. I changed that to s01e1, etc to see if if this was a fix. It was not. 

Any suggestions or advice?

Screenshot_20201001-195110.png

Happy2Play

Sorry but all scroller rows have limits so if you watched say episodes 1-3 you would see 13-15 in the Next Up row, correct?

There are different values to scroller row types as Cast and Crew is limited to I believe 32 people.  There is actually a topic on it.

Gilgamesh_48

I have a couple of the dick Tracy serials from that period and I just named them as sXXeYY and then manually editedthe metadat to get what I wanted.

Since they were not TV shows but rather serials that were shown in movie theaters I do not know if any of the sources for metadata will have them in a correct format. This is one of those cases where it seems just better to do it manually.

11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry but all scroller rows have limits so if you watched say episodes 1-3 you would see 13-15 in the Next Up row, correct?

There are different values to scroller row types as Cast and Crew is limited to I believe 32 people.  There is actually a topic on it.

Thanks that makes sense. I guess this is solved than. 

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I have a couple of the dick Tracy serials from that period and I just named them as sXXeYY and then manually editedthe metadat to get what I wanted.

Since they were not TV shows but rather serials that were shown in movie theaters I do not know if any of the sources for metadata will have them in a correct format. This is one of those cases where it seems just better to do it manually.

Thanks for the advice. Also I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who appreciates the really old stuff. I've even got some Charlie Chaplin lol. Cheers. 

Happy2Play

At the same time if Cast and crew can show 32 why would episodes be limited to something less?  Realistically should a limit not be the same everywhere?

• Like 1