Missing metadata settings

stevelamb121

stevelamb121

Hey all,

I've noticed in the latest 4.5.1.0 release on my synology DS920+ there are no metadata settings in the library.

I have tried removing and readding but there are no metadata settings and none of the movies are being recognised.

I've posted 2 screenshot below, 1 from my windows setup showing the settings and 1 from synology showing the missing settings.

Anyone else getting this?

windows.jpg

20201001_120730.jpg

stevelamb121

I've created a VM and ran Emby as a new install and seems to be ok.

Not sure if a random issue upgrading from previous version

Happy2Play

I suspect the a new server log will show a permissions issues as this issue is shown in multiple topics.

• 5 weeks later...
coolspot

Using 4.6.0.4 myself, just upgraded trying to figure out some coverart issues I had noticed.

I compared my synology server to my windows server and noticed the same difference @stevelamb121 so it's not just you.

I started up a synology server that I haven't fully started to utilize yet.

I noticed I'm having issues in a couple areas regarding metadata and cover art, etc.

I also noticed when going into a movie's images Edit Images (and then doing the search feature, the search feature doesn't seem to work)

I did check and make sure my emby user has read/write access to my Movies folder, as well as the emby folder (I didn't change any permissions there)

Here is my server log.  I am seeing access denied to plugins there.

embyserver.txt

Edited by coolspot
Added server log

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, coolspot said:

I compared my synology server to my windows server and noticed the same difference @stevelamb121 so it's not just you.

I started up a synology server that I haven't fully started to utilize yet.

I noticed I'm having issues in a couple areas regarding metadata and cover art, etc.

I also noticed when going into a movie's images Edit Images (and then doing the search feature, the search feature doesn't seem to work)

I did check and make sure my emby user has read/write access to my Movies folder.

Please post the Synology Emby server log.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, coolspot said:

You still have a permissions issue on items within your plugin folder as mentioned in lots of topics.  You may have to apply permissions to each dll if recursive permissions are not being applied to items within the folder.

2020-10-31 13:46:02.391 Error App: Error getting version number from /volume1/Emby/plugins/MovieDb.dll
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.4
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build4) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25426 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 16 17:09:17 CST 2020
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/Emby/plugins/MovieDb.dll' is denied.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
	   at System.IO.FileStream.OpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
	   at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.TryLoadManagedAssemblyMetadata()
	   at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.GetDllVersion(String path)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

Moviesdb.dll

Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll

Tvdb.dll

AudioDb.dll

NfoMetadata.dll

OMDb.dll

coolspot

Thanks @Happy2Play

I noticed from my windows box when accessing that synology share of emby/plugs that the individual files didn't have the emby user permission.

My solution was to shutdown my emby server on the NAS, delete my plugins completely, and manually reinstall Emby.

I did notice I still can't "Identify" search in metadata, but I'm at least not getting the plugin permission error in my logs and I was able to refresh some images that weren't updating.

New log here.embyserver (1).txt

Actually try deleting the dll files that it's complaining about and then restart the server. Please see if that helps. Thanks.