Guide Will Not Load

Avgbowler

Avgbowler

When I open live TV, there is zero data in the guide. I see the channels, but nothing about the shows. 

Edited by Avgbowler

mark-in-dallas

What source are you trying to use the Emby Guide data with, and have you mapped the channels?

mark-in-dallas

It looks like you may need to map the channels in Live TV -> TV Guide Providers

Avgbowler

Yes it does. Sorry, you were right. The top 7 were not correctly mapped. The new problem is now I am seeing double. 

Seeing Double.PNG

mark-in-dallas

It's probably due to your source providing HD and SD sources.  You can prevent them from showing up in the Guide and Channels by creating Tags for the unwanted channels in the Metadata Manager

Edited by mark-in-dallas

On 10/1/2020 at 9:32 AM, Avgbowler said:

Yes it does. Sorry, you were right. The top 7 were not correctly mapped. The new problem is now I am seeing double. 

Seeing Double.PNG

Hi, What tuner are you using?

Avgbowler

I am using a HD Homerun. 

Right now my only issue is that the channels are al doubled. One has guide info, the other does not. 

PERFECT, try this.

Open a browser and type http://my.hdhomerun.com/ and you'll get a screen similar to this

image.thumb.png.e23fedd5853c5b5b3f1267110afeffc0.png

Click on your tuner and you'll get a screen similar to this
image.png.8f4be3e2c2355028568195388f84b073.png

Click on the Channel Lineup and you'll get a screen similar to this:

image.png.888d1321d3655801644f01d81d96561c.png

The very first column above has stars or Xs.  Click on the icon and you'll see it empty, yellow star or red X.
Yellow=Favorite Station
Red X = Do not use
Blank = No decision made :)

So any station you don't want in Emby you mark with the Red X and Emby won't import it.  So if you go through your list you can Red X the SD channels that match HD channels eliminating them from Emby.

I typically YELLOW/FAVORITE stations I want Emby to load.  I Red X station I don't want available via any app.  I leave blank stations like QVC, HSN, duplicates (I get multiple Comet channels).

Now in Emby go to your Live TV setup and click on your HDHomeRun and you'll have a screen like thisimage.png.ce14c91833c41a004e4a8f77df00832f.png
Make sure the first option is enabled to only import your favorites.
Click Save

Emby will reload only favorites, will reload your guide data and then remove the non-favorite channels.

Let me know how you make out or if you have any questions.

image.png

Edited by cayars

• 5 weeks later...
Avgbowler

Ok guys, now that everything is correctly mapped, this is what I am seeing in the guide.....

I have uploaded what I am seeing and the logs. This is not about SD vs HD channels! This is about all of my channels in the guide showing up as double. For example, 2 NBC one with info, one without. Two CBS, one with info and one without. 

Double Guide Channels.PNG

embyserver.txt

Hi, run another guide refresh and just wait until it's completely finished refreshing before looking.

Edited by cayars

Avgbowler

Ok, this seems to be the problem. It looks like old guide data is not being removed. If there a way to purge out old channels? What I did was go into the Homerun Tuner and set favorite channels, and removed most of the SD channels. These are the results. As you can see, the SD channels I removed still show up in the guide as blank. 

Channels.PNG

2 hours ago, Avgbowler said:

and set favorite channels,

Did you tell Emby to only import the favorites?

A better way to do this is to probably completely hide the channel inside the hdhr setup instead of using favorites.