4.5.1 update - strange issues

cochize1

cochize1

I have just updated to emby 4.5.1 without any problems so far but:

1. The dashboard still says that I am on 4.5.0.50 and there is an update waiting for me,

2. Even stranger thing, in DSM emby status is as "stopped" although it is running and I can easliy access it even remotely.

Have I updated to soon or what?

Edited by cochize1

If you do a complete restart of your NAS the correct information will be displayed in the Emby console and the app in the package center will stay started.

Edited by nuke11

cochize1

ok, so I manually stopped emby from the Emby Dashboard (not DSM) and installed the new 4.5.1 package again. Everything seems normal now, server is updated and shows a new version in the dashboard and also it says it is Running in DSM. 

unisoft
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Alright for me on 4.5.1.0. Downloaded for x64 Synology - installed as a manual update and was fine. Restarted no issues.

Same here!

Stopped, manual updated, restarted, everything just fine.

Although it was ok and no issues with previous version too!

DS218+.

One thing though: there isn't an "Open" app available (like on others) on Syno Package center dashboard and on the app itself it says wrong Newest online version.

Snap1.jpg

Snap2.jpg

Edited by Tzutzu

unisoft
42 minutes ago, Tzutzu said:

Same here!

Stopped, manual updated, restarted, everything just fine.

Although it was ok and no issues with previous version too!

DS218+.

One thing though: there isn't an "Open" app available (like on others) on Syno Package center dashboard and on the app itself it says wrong Newest online version.

Snap1.jpg

Snap2.jpg

That's simply because the online version that updates from Package Center is that 4.4.3.0-1 version and its the last version for that deployment approach UNTIL officially classified as part of the Synology Store which its in progress.

For now, everyone has to download the package and apply manually is my understanding.

• Like 1

Will do that, thanks @Luke!

As for the old version (i.e. 4.4.3.0-1) that is shown in the app itself, it's still there!!! After removing the old package repository (http://packages.synocommunity.com/) as instructed. Stopped, rebooted, restarted.

Not a big issue though!!! Just to let you know guys what are the "bugs". Except that everything is as expected! No problem with the updates as seen on posts across the forum.

DS218+, premium subscription.

Thanks!

Snap1.jpg

Snap2.jpg

Edited by Tzutzu

The DSM status becomes an issue only after Emby Server restarts itself using it's built-in restart. And even then, it's only a cosmetic issue with DSM. We are looking into it and hope to resolve it soon. Thanks.