Very Poor Networking Performance in Emby Android app

xd003

I have hosted my emby server on a vps and accessing it as a client being connected to my home wifi . I am not using transcoding at all .its 100% direct play .i have disabled playback of any media that needs transcode

So i am getting very poor networking performance where the video is literally talking 25+ seconds to play after tapping on play . I faced it very consistently in Emby app . I was wondering if my vps or my home internet is having issues or something although after preliminary testing both vps and home wifi seemed perfect . Just out of curiosity i tried emby in my android browser and damm it literally loads the video in mere 3-5 seconds as opposed to 25+ seconds on app 

Note that I didn't changed my device , its the very same android device connected to the very same home wifi and i comparing playback of the very same video on emby android app and in android browser and the networking performance has a day and night difference . One more interesting thing i would like to add is that there is network indicator in status bar , so while using emby app it is running at speeds less than 100-200 kbps . While when i try in browser , the network indicator bumps around 1-2 mbps . So why is emby app not utilising my internet properly like browser .i hope i someone would help me out

Emby Android app v- 3.1.39

Emby Server - v4.5.0.50

Android Browser - Kiwi 

I have also uploaded a video , please have a look. I am playing the very same video connected to the very same wifi network in very same device . The Emby Android app took around 38-40 seconds while in browser it loaded in 5-7 seconds

Edited by xd003

Happy2Play

My guess would auto quality.  Do you see a difference if you adjust the quality setting?  But if truly direct playing the setting should be irrelevant.

11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

My guess would auto quality.  Do you see a difference if you adjust the quality setting?  But if truly direct playing the setting should be irrelevant.

It is 100% direct play , i have also uploaded a video . Will add the logs too very soon . Just one question , is the debug log needed or the normal one will do ?

is the debug log needed or the normal one will do ?

If possible yes, but normal one is fine too.