Some Movies/TV Show Episodes stuck since the latest update

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

Hi,

Emby Server: Windows 10 (4.5.0.50)
Client: Samsung TV App (1.0.83)
Samsung TV: Q90R

I am not sure if it is since the latest Server update or since the latest TV App update but some movies and TV Show episodes just stuck now and all i get is the loading circle. The movies starts just fine and after some time in the movie the problem starts, sometimes after 5mins sometimes after 1min.

I tried to restart the movie, but it stucks right on the very same second like before. I had this now with 3 or 4 TV Show Episodes and 1-2 Movies.

The first time i thought ok, maybe something went wrong during ripping. So i ripped and reencoded the Movie again but still the same Problem.

BUT: It is only on my TV App, watching over the webbrowser or the Embycon Kodi plugin works for the same movies, so i don't think it is a Server version Problem.

This is the latest ffmpeg transoding log on the latest movie i had the problem.

Maybe there is something already reported or someone else recorgnized the same

Thanks
ffmpeg-transcode-6b19129f-05ce-43e2-a550-a1b37bd61834_1.txt

Edited by Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818
6 hours ago, SamES said:

As a test, can you try turning off hardware acceleration on the server and see if this improves?

sure i can try this. But must be something that changed in the last update because i always had the server running like that and it only happens on the Samsung TV App, never with Embycon kodi addon or over the webbrowser.

i will try and report.

Painkiller8818

No difference. I disabled hardware acceleration and tried one of the movies with the problem. Same Problem, same Position with software transcoding on the emby tv app.

PS: I upgraded the Samsung TV Client to the newest version now (1.0.85), but still the same problem.

I attached the ffmpeg transcode log of this test.

ffmpeg-transcode-b13e9101-a571-46fa-9443-a1ec0e9052fe_1.txt

Edited by Painkiller8818

OK, thanks for trying that. You can turn it back on now.

If you turn off all subtitles, does it work fine then?

Painkiller8818
On 10/1/2020 at 1:30 AM, SamES said:

OK, thanks for trying that. You can turn it back on now.

If you turn off all subtitles, does it work fine then?

I tested it with hardware acceleration like it was before. It also happens on movies in direct Play, but not on all movies i just had a few now and some tv show episodes.

SamES

Do all the files you have issues with have DTS audio tracks?  You model doesn't support DTS audio, so if possible try selecting an alternative audio track to see if this resolves it.

Can you please find an example where you can confirm that it is DirectPlaying, and has this problem, then attach a copy of the server log for that time?

Thanks

Painkiller8818

No, not all files have dts, the episodes of the tv show was ac3.

i will attach a log if i have the next file with ac3 and this problem i also will check if it is direct play or something else.

Yeah i know my device does not support DTS but i have more than 1600 movies and most of them are DTS because of the better bitrate and my Sound system.

This is a new Problem, it never was till now.

Is there any way to get the download of the older version of the Samsung APP? I wanna try if i have the issues on the same files with the previous verion i had.

Thanks

Edited by Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

Now i have a new episode with this problem.

It is AC3 and it seems to be the subtitles, turning off the subtitles after stucking solves the problem for this episode.

EDIT: I can now confirm the Problem are the Subtitles. I now had this problem also with the Browser (Firefox)
So i can say for sure it is the latest server update because i NEVER had this problem before, and i always have the forced subtitles enabled.

ffmpeg-transcode-f913c389-5aca-4355-8477-5fe7623783d1_1.txt

Edited by Painkiller8818

SamES

It looks like you have an 8 Mbit limit set, either in the client or on the server.  Can you try raising that, or setting it to auto and trying the subs again?

Painkiller8818
On 10/5/2020 at 12:32 AM, SamES said:

It looks like you have an 8 Mbit limit set, either in the client or on the server.  Can you try raising that, or setting it to auto and trying the subs again?

No i have no limit. There is a limit for external Streams but not for internal. I just tried it on a 4K movie and it is direct Play:

grafik.png.2d88643b3a425c9a14c3e120394fad10.pnggrafik.thumb.png.01159287dc9ab367d24f17a40b913b04.png

Painkiller8818

I also checked the File i reported it was Gotham S02E09 from the ffmpeg log. Even if there would be a 8Mbit limit for me, this episode is far below:

grafik.thumb.png.3a1f793563f927bebbf7db11f3407c39.png

SamES

So just to confirm, if you turn off subtitles, then everything plays correctly.  Is that right?  It's only when you turn on subtitles that you have a problem.

Painkiller8818
On 10/7/2020 at 1:32 AM, SamES said:

So just to confirm, if you turn off subtitles, then everything plays correctly.  Is that right?  It's only when you turn on subtitles that you have a problem.

yes, till now i can confirm that. And it is not every movie/tv-show i have this problem. 

Painkiller8818
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you updated to Emby Server 4.5.2?

yeah i have done this right now, i need to check if this fixes the Problem.

Painkiller8818

The Problem is not fixed with 4.5.2

I watched now a few Episodes which had no subtitles , and thes Episode S02E19 had forced subtitles and it was the same problem. But this time i didn't stop the movie immediately, i just let it run and it continued playing after about 30 seconds, after that it played for about 5 seconds and stucked again.

PS: This TV-Show is AC3 and not DTS  because there was the assumption maybe it happens only with DTS movies.

I left all this in the logs maybe this is helpful.ffmpeg-transcode-13209fac-efbc-4e94-83ca-4bbe2ccde5a4_1.txtembyserver.txt

Edited by Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

Now i made a second check with the Firefox Browser, The issue is not just Samsung App related, but the stuckings are way less because the Macbook as my client is way stronger in performance but the lags are still there.

Here the logs of the Firefox web client on the same episode:

ffmpeg-transcode-55c90a0c-d671-4b51-b116-1c0f4c55c571_1.txtembyserver.txt

Painkiller8818
8 hours ago, Luke said:

What kind of drive is your e drive?

E Drive is a mounted Synology DS918+ with 2GBe Bond Network (LACP)

The speed is not the Problem, had now a few episodes without subtitles and all of them worked fine.

Painkiller8818
28 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK, i don't really have an answer for this right now. It sounds like I/O performance to me.

caused by subtitles? The big movie files are working without problems.

Are the logs useless or is there something you can see?

I don't see any obvious problem with the server. It could just be that the data isn't getting to where it needs to go quickly enough.

• 1 month later...
Painkiller8818

Anything new here? I still have this problem, and it is something with the subtitles.

If i deactivate the realtime subtitle extraction i get the "there are no streams available" Message.

I really beg you to check this again, it can't be i am the only one with this Problem. Today i had it on a remote client when watching with a friend. Deactivating the subtitles and everything was fine.

This can't be a performance or read problem.

Attachment is the ffmpeg log from this playback.

Thanks

ffmpeg-transcode-6dd6aba9-c83e-49be-b4c1-1764e0a8982f_1.txt

Edited by Painkiller8818