Free version suddenly not working anymore

innerchimp
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

innerchimp

Hi, I've used the Emby server without any issues for quite a while, but suddenly playback of files doesn't work anymore.
It constantly says playback of the file isn't possible and shows a dialogue with the option to Unlock Emby Premiere. I cannot seems to get playback working again. I don't really need any of the Premiere features and the Free version was working just fine.
I was running version 4.4 and manually updated to 4.5, but unfortunately no succes.

innerchimp

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I am running the Emby app on my Android Sony TV.
It shows version 1.8.28g (Expired).

Edit: I just manually updated the app, using the download link on this page: https://emby.media/emby-for-android-tv.html
But without any succes and it still shows the same version number.

Edited by innerchimp
additional version information

innerchimp

Thank you for the reply. Up till some time ago it worked without any issues and I could play all files, but I guess this changed with recent updates?
Anyway, how can I enable the "one-time unlock"? I only see the Premiere options?

• Solution
FrostByte

The app has always required a small fee after a short trial period.  However, until recently it didn't always stop playback after the trial period was over.

In ATV (at least on the Shield) while on the home screen scroll up and click on your user.  There should be an option to "Unlock App" there

innerchimp

Ok, thanks guys. I was able to unlock it, using your directions.
I guess the fact that I was able to use playback for some time was actually a bug.

• Like 1