Library disappear and scan stuck at 32%

ricardonr

ricardonr

Hi,

I haven't been using emby for the last two or three weeks, and yesterday, when I tried to watch a movie, I realize that my library was gone.

I've restarted emby and after that the NAS (DS718+), but it was still missing.

I tried a library scan, but it's stuck at 32% (it was all night at it). The library is small (arround 150 movies).

I've upgraded to 4.5.0.50 but the issue is still there.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ricardo

ricardonr

Hi,

Yes, I've checked the permissions and all is ok (although I haven't changed anything on the NAS prior to te library disappear)

Thanks

Can you try installing the package again from over the top of your existing installation? Let's see if the errors at the beginning of the log go away after that. thanks.

ricardonr

Hi Luke,

I stopped the server, installed the package (emby-server-synology_4.5.0.50_x86_64) and started emby server again.

The problem is still there, as soon as I go to the settings, the library scan is at 32% and doesn't go any further.

I attach all the logs.

Thanks,

logs.zip

ricardonr

That's what I'm doing...

On chrome I go to the server page -> settings -> Dashboard -> Logs then I download all the logs there.

Is there a different way to get them?

Thanks,

ricardonr

Hi Luke,

I've upgraded to 4.5.1.0 and now the scan library is stuck at 30,9%.

Attached are the new logs.

Can you take a look, please?

Thanks,

Logs.zip

On 10/2/2020 at 1:54 PM, ricardonr said:

Hi Luke,

I've upgraded to 4.5.1.0 and now the scan library is stuck at 30,9%.

Attached are the new logs.

Can you take a look, please?

Thanks,

Logs.zip 279.64 kB · 0 downloads

I still see just 4.5.0.50 in these log files. Are you sure you updated to 4.5.1?

Happy2Play
19 minutes ago, Luke said:

I still see just 4.5.0.50 in these log files. Are you sure you updated to 4.5.1?

There are three server versions of logs there 4.5.0.14, 4.5.0.50, and 4.5.1.0.  I would assume user will need to manually change permissions.

2020-10-02 18:32:40.768 Error App: Error getting version number from /volume1/Emby/plugins/MovieDb.dll
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.1.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25426 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jul 8 03:21:29 CST 2020
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/Emby/plugins/MovieDb.dll' is denied.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
	   at System.IO.FileStream.OpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
	   at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.TryLoadManagedAssemblyMetadata()
	   at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.GetDllVersion(String path)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

Happy2Play
51 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hopefully not. Once he updates to 4.5.1 let's look at a log from that.

What do you mean as the snippet I posted clearly shows "Version: 4.5.1.0"?  And the embyservert.txt within the zip file.

ricardonr

Hi,

Since Luke doesn't understand my problem I uninstalled emby and tried to install it again. Manually it's not possible because I get a message that port 8096 is already in use. So I had to install it from the package library (4.4.3.0).

I started the server and restored the backup that is made automatically, the folders are there, but all my watched movies are not, also I think that the type of media is gone from the libraries ssince I only get the folder view (I have the movies organized by letter A-Z), and only inside the letter folder I have the movies.

Can anyone give me a help to solve this or is it better to assume all is lost and start fresh? This NAS is only for emby, so it's easy to start over (If I assume all is lost on emby...) 

Thanks,

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, ricardonr said:

I started the server and restored the backup that is made automatically, the folders are there, but all my watched movies are not, also I think that the type of media is gone from the libraries ssince I only get the folder view (I have the movies organized by letter A-Z), and only inside the letter folder I have the movies.

Don't quite follow but sounds like the known restore bug in 4.4.3.0 at least for libraries.  What do the libraries show for content type in Dashboard-Libraries?

What do you mean by my watched movies are not?

ricardonr

Hi,

Now they are listed as mixed content...

When we watch a movies there's a played flag that is set so that we can keep track of the watched movies, now they are all unplayed.

Thanks,

Happy2Play
37 minutes ago, ricardonr said:

Hi,

Now they are listed as mixed content...

When we watch a movies there's a played flag that is set so that we can keep track of the watched movies, now they are all unplayed.

Thanks,

Yes that is the know bug when restoring libraries in 4.4.3.0 and resolved in 4.5.  But there is a workaround when doing a new install and restore.  You will need to delete all libraries and restore again after adding those files to the libraries in the backup folder.

Have not seen any issues with restore not restoring watched statuses though (actually I have seen where a second restore was needed).  May need to see the server log of when you did the restore though.

Edited by Happy2Play

ricardonr

Hi,

Thank you very much for your care and support.

I realize that, since I just have the last 5 day backup, the backups don't have the information I need.

I also think there's something wrong with the installation on my server, because I've created a new library (on 4.4.3.0) and I upgraded to 4.5.1.0 and the library is lost again.

The NAS is only for Emby Server, so I'm going to do a fresh install with v4.5.1.0 and start over.

Thanks