Connection failure via LG OLED TV

malicehome

malicehome

I switched to Emby when Plex stopped working for me (and was very happy with it until this issue started) but on 20 August Emby stopped working. I just kept getting the error "Connection Failure. We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again". I tried a number of things but nothing worked so I ended up setting up another account and bingo this worked. Yesterday however it happened to my new account. 

The problem showed up again this week and I then installed the update and it seemed to fix it but the problem popped up again and I then tried using the Screenplay app and I was able to access the server until I wasn't!

Emby then started working again yesterday and we were then able to watch via emby on 28/9. So all was good earlier in the day but by the afternoon the message was back. I had installed the latest update on 28 September (and was able to watch up until it just stopped working yesterday afternoon).

I am able to connect on my Mac (running Mojave 10.14.6), the ember site/server shows up all my libraries and I can play it via safari and Firefox but the LG OLED55E8PTA TV cannot see the server.

I have tried turning off our VPN and adding the port forwarding to the router and so now I have no idea what to do, having exhausted all the suggestions I could find online. 

Would really appreciate help on this as it keeps happening and I do not want to have to keep setting up new emails and new emby accounts (as setting up libraries over and over again is so tedious and plus shouldn't this just keep working?!)

I'm attaching logs from today when I tried to start the server on the TV as well as ones from yesterday when it was working. 

Thanks

hardware_detection-63736881913.txt ffmpeg-remux-6eb1e7ab-6fb6-4e7c-80f7-fd2331730ffe_1.txt embyserver-63736920685.txt hardware_detection-63736920709.txt hardware_detection-63736965424.txt embyserver-63736965449.txt embyserver-63736965448.txt

malicehome

Hi so now when I try and browse my library via the emby server app on my desktop I am not able to, the site gives me this error now "safari can't connect to the server because safari can't connect to local host"

malicehome

So I tried again today, as of 4.45pm I can access the server via Safari on my Mac but the LG TV app still gives the can't connect error

malicehome

I open the app (via our LG home button) and normally it would just connect by itself (as its linked to the server address for my account) but that has not been working (just get the spinning wheel) and can't connect message.

Next I try "add server" and manually input the server address and still just get the spinning wheel and can't connect message. Again the LG TV is connected to our internet via a wired ethernet cable connected to a TP Link Powerline adapter

I have set up another account on my MacBook Pro "malice laptop" and added the libraries again and the LG app will let me connect via that (but I don't want to have my laptop going all day and its also not always here)

grrmalice

Thanks for the new update. Installed this and now everything is back up and running fine from my desktop. Thanks very much, awesome to have emby working again

1 hour ago, grrmalice said:

Thanks for the new update. Installed this and now everything is back up and running fine from my desktop. Thanks very much, awesome to have emby working again

Thanks for the feedback.

On 9/30/2020 at 3:48 AM, malicehome said:

I open the app (via our LG home button) and normally it would just connect by itself (as its linked to the server address for my account) but that has not been working (just get the spinning wheel) and can't connect message.

Next I try "add server" and manually input the server address and still just get the spinning wheel and can't connect message. Again the LG TV is connected to our internet via a wired ethernet cable connected to a TP Link Powerline adapter

I have set up another account on my MacBook Pro "malice laptop" and added the libraries again and the LG app will let me connect via that (but I don't want to have my laptop going all day and its also not always here)

@malicehome are you still having an issue with this?