DietPi can connect to chromecast but does't play.

197jabba

Hi. I was running Raspbian on my pi and everything was fine but I changed to diet pi and I seem to be missing something.

Setup: Ras pi 4 running DietPi v6.32.2, everything is updated. Emby 4.5.0.50. 

Issue: media can direct play on phone and pc. The server connects to the chrome cast, metadata casts, but as soon as I try to play something nothing happens (on either my first or second gen). I suspected that I was missing ffmpeg to allow Emby to convert the files to supported type for chrome cast but after installing from DietPi the config nothing changed. Proceeded to uninstall and reinstall Emby and still no change. any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63736897696.txt embyserver-63736897683.txt

Hi there, I don't see anything obvious here, but please try Emby Server 4.5.1 as it is rolling out today, and then please let me know how that compares. Thanks !

So I've updated to the latest version of Emby and still not able to cast.

When watching on my phone I changed the streaming quality and it confirmed that ffmpeg does work to convert the media.

If you didn't see anything obvious then I'll just do factory resets and get back to you if there is still an issue.

Hi there, does your Emby Server dashboard display the correct local and remote addresses? I don't see anything obvious at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
197jabba

Yes the addresses are correct. I have since done a full reset and gone to raspbian but I still have the issue whereas the first time it was working. 

Hi there, if you're still seeing this issue, can you please try again? I've just pushed an update to our Chromecast receiver to resolve a similar issue, so it may resolve yours if it's the same thing. Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
197jabba

the issue seemed to be that the chromecast was connected to my sky-tv mesh network which is branched from the main router. i fixed it by disabling the mesh setting on the tv box and that fixed the playback issue.