Multiple Movie Editions

MaximumGator

Spaceboy

Just a note, after merging a 1080p and 2160p version into the same group, I watched the 4K one but the 1080p remains unwatched. If they're grouped I would imagine the desired effect would be to mark both as watched?

Even after forcing an import from Trakt it still doesn't mark the other one as watched.

Also in collections it still lists them as separate movies, not sure if that again is by design or not.

what if the different versions were a directors cut and a theatrical cut. So actually different movies. Would you still expect them both to be shown as watched?

Just a note, after merging a 1080p and 2160p version into the same group, I watched the 4K one but the 1080p remains unwatched. If they're grouped I would imagine the desired effect would be to mark both as watched?

Even after forcing an import from Trakt it still doesn't mark the other one as watched.

Also in collections it still lists them as separate movies, not sure if that again is by design or not.

If you've used our multi-version naming then they would show as a single item so there would be no way for them to have different watched status...

shrouski

what if the different versions were a directors cut and a theatrical cut. So actually different movies. Would you still expect them both to be shown as watched?

Personally? Yes, I would want all versions marked as watched since if I have different versions, I'm going to just watch the Directors/Theatrical cut in the first place which will contain all the content from every version.

If you've used our multi-version naming then they would show as a single item so there would be no way for them to have different watched status...

I haven't because it makes it impossible to seed, so I've manually grouped them. They are the same movie just 1080p BluRay and 2160p Remux. Only one remains watched. Surely the other one should become watched once you pull it in from Trakt also? If neither movie is watched and I mark it as watched on Trakt, both get marked as watched, but something is preventing the other from being marked as watched when I watch one of them through Emby.

It's probably a debatable topic as I'm sure others will have a different opinion to me, but I don't really have the desire to watch the same movie 3 times with slightly different versions.

shrouski

Are both versions identified properly with the same TMDB ID?  If so, they should share watched status.

Yep, both the same under Meta Data Manager, but only one was flagged as watched after watching it.

Yep, both the same under Meta Data Manager, but only one was flagged as watched after watching it.

They both had the exact same IDs defined in the exact same order?

shrouski

They both had the exact same IDs defined in the exact same order?

Yeah, IMDB, TMDB and TMDB Collection ID's are all identical. These were manually grouped together by myself and then watched after that.

• 1 year later...
ScottRTL

It's been forever...

How about make multiple endings an option available upon playing a movie in emby.

I am legend

The butterfly effect

Little shop of horrors

We should be able to choose the ending, when we start. And select the different (alternate) endings from a list available, like special features.

Hi.  Most of the players used on most of our platforms are not likely to support this kind of thing directly.  However, you could do this right now by simply muxing the different endings into different versions of the item using our multi-version feature.

ScottRTL

Please elaborate on muxing and the multi-version feature.

Thanks

7 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Most of the players used on most of our platforms are not likely to support this kind of thing directly.  However, you could do this right now by simply muxing the different endings into different versions of the item using our multi-version feature.

1 hour ago, ScottRTL said:

Please elaborate on muxing and the multi-version feature.

Just create separate video files for each ending and use our multi-version naming to make them show up in a drop down like you wanted.

• 1 year later...
MSOBadger

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this after searching the forums, this seemed like the best place for this question.

Plex has incorporated Edition tagging in its naming conventions - with the {edition-Movie Edition Name Here} tag in file names, similar to how they treated IMDB or TMDBID tags.  Generally Emby has incorporated compatibility for Plex's naming conventions.  Is there a plan to incorporate Plex's Edition tag into Emby? 

Additionally, Plex's incorporation of the Edition tag also included some enhanced functionality for multiple editions in the app itself.  Anything like that on Emby's roadmap?

Personally, I would LOVE to see this. 

Edited by MSOBadger

2 hours ago, MSOBadger said:

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this after searching the forums, this seemed like the best place for this question.

Plex has incorporated Edition tagging in its naming conventions - with the {edition-Movie Edition Name Here} tag in file names, similar to how they treated IMDB or TMDBID tags.  Generally Emby has incorporated compatibility for Plex's naming conventions.  Is there a plan to incorporate Plex's Edition tag into Emby? 

Additionally, Plex's incorporation of the Edition tag also included some enhanced functionality for multiple editions in the app itself.  Anything like that on Emby's roadmap?

Personally, I would LOVE to see this. 

Hi, yes it's possible for future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1