How do I revert back or use older version of Emby

VicSupaNov

VicSupaNov

I havent had any issues with Emby for months until upgrading to this newest version on my Synology 920+.

Synology X64
  1. I installed emby-server-synology_4.5.0.50_x86_64.spk

so How do I find the older version to reinstall?

I planned to simply uninstall and install the older version unless theres a better method.

My issues with Emby are its no longer adding any metadata artwork and even title metadata to my additions to the library ever since the upgrade.

Edited by VicSupaNov

Hi there, let's work together to resolve this issue. Can you please go over an example and attach the emby server log? Thanks !

VicSupaNov

I have no idea how to do that. Is there instructions?

edit: here it is.

several examples:

9-22-2020 I believe was when I installed the newest version. since then Ive added to my library

TV Series Collections/

Lovecraft Country S01E07 [1080p...]

Movies/

A Tale of Two Sisters(2003) [1080p]

Slaughterhouse-Five (1972 [1080p...]

Gremlins (1984)[...)

Gremlins. The New Batch (1990)[1080p...]

Enter The Fat Dragon (2020) [1080p...]

The Goonies (1985)  [1080p...]

Enter The Dragon (1973) [1080p...]

.and like 6 other movies

None of these have been given the proper banners, logos,titles according to the naming. Everything else Ive added prior to this date using the same naming scheme has been fine. 

Ive atached a screen shot of emby homescreen with mentioned titles

gremlins 2

embyserver.txt

Emby Screenshot 2020-09-28 145410.jpg

Edited by VicSupaNov

Happy2Play

Looks like you are missing TMDB, TVDB, and OMDB providers plugins.  But may need to see a log from restart as this is a roll-over log.  Not sure on the FanArt.tv issue if it is them or Synology issue, but I am not currently seeing this SSL issue for them on my Windows install.

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
     ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

There also appears to be a inotify limit issue.

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

Edited by Happy2Play

VicSupaNov

8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Looks like you are missing TMDB, TVDB, and OMDB providers plugins.  But may need to see a log from restart as this is a roll-over log.  Not sure on the FanArt.tv issue if it is them or Synology issue, but I am not currently seeing this SSL issue for them on my Windows install.

There also appears to be a inotify limit issue.

Yes i can see here that you are correct about those providers you've mentioned. my screenshot doesnt show them available anymore.

I dont know what inotify does however.

Emby no TVDB Screenshot 2020-09-28 151823.jpg

Happy2Play

Can you provide a log after restarting Emby.  

As for inotify I don't know if this is something users can update or if a dev will have to adjust it. @Luke

Have you done a reinstall of the new updated pack yet?  The new package should resolve permissions issues.

Can you try installing the Synology package again over the top of your existing install? This should resolve your issue. Apologies for the disruption. Thanks.

• Like 1

VicSupaNov

So in response to @Happy2Play, I restrated Emby and log is attached titled "embyserver restarted emby_ no reinstall yet"

In response to @Luke, I stopped Emby after creating the above log, then Manually reinstalled using the link,  emby-server-synology_4.5.0.50_x86_64.spk

I restarted Emby again.

I've created a new log and atached it, titled "embyserver (1) log after reinstall and restart of Emby"

I rescanned movie library and tv show library. issues seem to remain.

sidenote: Now I'm not even sure this is the correct install type to use for this 920+. I didnt kep a record of which version I had been using (x86_64 vs Armv8 vs Armv7) Perhaps i changed versions and created a conflict when I updated on Sept 21? idk, I would think my synology simply wouldn't allow installation of an incompatible version.

embyserver restarted emby_ no reinstall yet.txt embyserver (1) log after reinstall and restart of Emby.txt

Edited by VicSupaNov

VicSupaNov
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Just guessing but have you seen this topic.  Similar same issue with permissions.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/90224-45050-update-and-metadata/&do=findComment&comment=929989

Emby's privileges seem to unchanged for me.

read only access to the media folders and Read/Write access for the Emby folder.

Emby privileges.jpg

Happy2Play

It appears to be correct, but subfolders are getting that permission according to Emby Server.  I will have to find the other topic but you may need to reapply permissions all subfolders.  But I thought that is what the new version was suppose to do.

• Like 1

VicSupaNov

Okay I see the "fix" and the solution, however Im still trying to access the Emby root folder so that I can change ownership.

VicSupaNov

the solution requires accessing the Emby folder via the NAS interface.

but when I search how to access Emby root folder, they appear to be utilizing WinSCP