TV Channels on Live TV really slow to load

sross44

sross44

Hoping someone can help me out. I'm new to Live TV on Emby.... and it's taking my channels like 20-30 seconds to open when I select a new channel. This is happening on an Apple TV, 4k as well as a Shield Pro. Not sure  what's going on as the same setup in Plex takes about 3-4 seconds to load. I've attached logs reference if that helps at all. I just tried opening different channels. 

embyserver.txtffmpeg-directstream-e371b548-669c-41e9-854e-ea48d165c5f9_1.txt

sross44
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, please try configuring the apple tv app to use the mpv player and see if that helps. Thanks.

It did help a little but doesn't the MPV player limit some of the playback of 4k content I have in my movie folder? 

Also, what is the solution then for the Shield Pro. 

19 hours ago, sross44 said:

Also, what is the solution then for the Shield Pro

Try the "Direct play Live TV" setting in that app.

sross44

Sounds good. I did that. That definitely helped. The only issue I'm running in to now is on every platform I'm watching on, it pauses maybe ever 10-15 seconds for a split second and then resumes right where it stopped. Processor is more than strong enough to handle it anything I throw at it for live TV, internal network is definitely strong enough. What could be the bottle neck there? Any suggestions? 

Thank you to everyone for all your help! 

sross44

Turned off MPV on Apple TV and it goes away. So I guess I deal with either long load times or choppy tv experience on some channels. If I’m correct an upcoming Apple TV beta has a better MPV player. How do I get that beta to download on the Apple TV?