Question about ServerWmc

christoph86

christoph86

I have ServerWMC on my WMC machine and MB3 on another machine.  This had previously been working but now I get an error message Status: Unavailable (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::1]:9080)

I noticed I have been getting this error in the server notifications every time the refresh guide tried to start.  Server is running on the WMC machine and I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but no luck.  Here is link to dropbox serverwmc log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dw8l4trz2x8uhc/ServerWMC.log

Any ideas?  

Edited by christoph86

krustyreturns

Well the socket connection is not working between the wmc machine and the mbs machine.  Make sure the port numbers still match and the firewall settings aren't stopping the connection.  You can also try telnetting from the mbs machine to serverwmc, or just entering the ip address and port number in a browser on the mbs machine to connect to serverwmc.  If you look at serverwmc you should see the browser connection in the status tab at the bottom of the window.

christoph86

Ports are both set to 9080.  When typing in the IP address:9080 of my WMC machine in my browser on MBserver machine I get no data received Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.

Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE .  On the ServerWMC status it shows http request received-->waiting for client request.  ServerWMC is allowed on my windows firewall.

christoph86

ok, well I guess for some reason the ServerWMC IP address under the plugin tab on the MBserver config page changed to localhost instead of the actual ip address for my serverwmc machine.  Thought I had checked this out already, but changed it and all seems good again.  Thanks!

christoph86

Ok, so now I only have 10 channels showing up on the web interface under  both the guide and channels headings.  I've linked the most recent serverwmc log.  Let me know if I need to add other logs or more information.

http://pastebin.com/Aa1Newrb

christoph86

They are all there now. For about 15 hours or so I only had 10 channels showing up. Checked again last night and all are there, without the logos, so I refreshed them individually within the server metadata editor. Not sure why the delay, but all is good again and working great. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same issue.  I have installed mediabrowser server and serverWMC on the WMC machine.  WMC gets its live feeds from HDHomerun Prime (3 tuners).  There was no issue with install of mediabrowser server or serverWMC.

The serverWMC has localhost and port 9080 in its setting fields.

WMC machine is running win 8.1

any ideas for this noob?

krustyreturns

Serverwmc has to be running (you'd be surprised how often this is the problem).  When you first installed and ran swmc windows should have asked you if you want to open the port, hopefully you said yes.  You could temporarily turn off your firewall and see if you get a connection.  Or try to connect to swmc using a browser or telnet.