Thumbnail Scrubbing on Android TV

WSig

Is there a way / could there be a way added on Android TV to enact thumbnail scrubbing when "skipping" by default?

I am on Shield TV Pro (2019) right now, and I have to click the down arrow to bring up the show overlay before thumbnails show up for scrubbing.

If I just simply click left or right, it just skips without showing any thumbnails.

Edited by WSig
  • Like 1

arrbee99

You mentioned pressing down arrow on your Shield. I can't check my Shield at the moment, but think using up arrow instead brings up thumbnails (thought I'm probably wrong).

Oh - I see. Kind of - that brings up "chapter" thumbnails, but I have thumbnail image extraction turned on for more incremental scrubbing.

@ebr not initially to me. I would have expected / preferred the opposite: tap to scrub, hold to skip / ff.

Ultimately, though, I think perhaps a playback option to toggle the above might be best?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WSig said:

@ebr not initially to me. I would have expected / preferred the opposite: tap to scrub, hold to skip / ff.

Hmmm... that is the opposite of the norm I believe.  A single tap would move one jump point and holding down a button scrolls/ff/rewinds continuously.  That is pretty common in any interface I think.  The same as navigating a grid of posters for instance...

• Facepalm 1