Can not connect to Emby Server from Android TV Box

ACox

• 10 months later...
Przemek

Hello, my friend who use my Emby server also have problem to connect from Android smart tv and Android tablet. He put wright https:// ...ddns.net address and port and he get output that cannot connect. Please contact admin.

Regards.

3 minutes ago, Przemek said:

Hello, my friend who use my Emby server also have problem to connect from Android smart tv and Android tablet. He put wright https:// ...ddns.net address and port and he get output that cannot connect. Please contact admin.

Regards.

Are you sure the address is correct? What type of ssl certificate?

Przemek

Yes, the same address. He send me video. I use letsencrypt and no-ip.com.
My friend has that app on TV:
image.thumb.png.93051bd76a978303acd4611e2814c482.png

Regards

Edited by Przemek

Nanganator

Yep, welcome to the suck of an expired DST Root CA X3. Been loads of warnings about it for a while. The Emby app doesn’t use its own root certificate store. It uses the one on the device. Chances are the device manufacturer hasn’t bothered to issue updates in ages for the devices and now they have an expired root certificate meaning your letsencrypt certificate on your Emby server is considered as being issued by an untrusted source.

Przemek

Sorry but I don't understand. I have my Emby server with certbot and letsencrypt certificate and everything works. 

This TV app is not official android TV app?

5 minutes ago, Przemek said:

Sorry but I don't understand. I have my Emby server with certbot and letsencrypt certificate and everything works. 

This TV app is not official android TV app?

It is an official android TV app, but your certificate is not natively trusted by android devices, and our TV app does not yet have a workaround for this. Our standard app does, which you can also install on TV devices via sideloading:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

bandit8623
On 10/28/2021 at 2:59 PM, Luke said:

It is an official android TV app, but your certificate is not natively trusted by android devices, and our TV app does not yet have a workaround for this. Our standard app does, which you can also install on TV devices via sideloading:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

just sideloaded on 2 fire sticks  today and the keyboard does not pop up....   cant enter server info.  the app i sideloaded last week worked???  did something change?

Edited by bandit8623

22 hours ago, bandit8623 said:

just sideloaded on 2 fire sticks  today and the keyboard does not pop up....   cant enter server info.  the app i sideloaded last week worked???  did something change?

@bandit8623 are you sure it was just last week? What version number did you previously have?

bandit8623
38 minutes ago, Luke said:

@bandit8623 are you sure it was just last week? What version number did you previously have?

The 25th on my other thread.  I went on the app I had sideloaded on the 25th and could get to the keyboard.. then I downloaded the version on the link yesterday and then the keyboard would not pop up.  Also same thing yesterday on a fire stick not in my home.  I don't know the versions. All I know is the one I downloaded yesterday on 2 sticks wont allow the keyboard to pop up. Used this link both times

Screenshot_20211031-221405_Chrome.png

Edited by bandit8623