Audio Podcast Playback Error

the3dman

I am experiencing a media playback error with audio podcasts using the podcast plugin, specifically audio podcasts hosted at blubrry.com (I have tried multiple audio podcasts from here and none work in Emby). All the ones I tried work fine in other podcast playback software. The podcast episode metadata including images load properly in Emby, I just cant play them. I tried playback on the web interface as well as on the iOS app with no luck. I have provided specific details below and have attached a server log.

Using the BBB podcast as an example, this is the error received when trying to playback an episode:

Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Feed URL: https://betterbusiness.blubrry.com/category/better_series/feed/

Server details: Emby Version 4.1.1.0 running in FreeNAS Jail

embyserver.txt

Edited by the3dman

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, thanks for reporting. We should be able to get a fix for this into the upcoming 4.5.1 release.

Thanks Luke, no need to look into this. I manually updated to 4.4.3.0 (this fixed it) after Happy2Play noticed that I was running an old version. I appreciate the quick response!

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Is there a reason you are running such a old version 4.1.1.0?

*Update* - Updated to 4.4.3.0 manually and everything is working now. Thanks for noticing that my server was pretty out of date. I appreciate the help!

I guess I didn't really notice that it was that old. I installed Emby from the plugin available in the FreeNAS plugins menu, and Emby Server always tells me it is up to date... I guess I will have to look into updating it manually.

Emby.png

Edited by the3dman