(sorta-SOLVED) No tv guide data and channel stutter

What am I doing wrong? I have added my hauppauge tuner and let it pretend to collect guide data with the progress bar but it's never actually producing any for any channel. 

I can view channels which tend to stutter constantly. My internet and antenna signal are not the issue as I can watch it stutter free from the app that the tuner came with. When Plex actually worked right which it rarely did, there was guide data and no stutter. So my only conclusion is it's an issue with Emby. 

It also doesn't matter what devise I'm on. Latest updates of everything.  Any advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: So looking at another similar post I realize I have to map the guide manually which is fine just annoying. 

I'm trying to now and will edit when I finish the manual thing. 

EDIT #2

Okay for the most part the guide came in. I may have set a channel wrong here and there. My area seems to have several duplicate channels so finding the right one was questionable. I do have a large antique antenna on my roof so I'm getting channels outside my normal viewing area. But it does seem like Emby is allowing me to add most of the channels I'm picking up unlike Plex which wouldn't even allow me to add court tv because it couldn't get guide data. Kinda dumb in my opinion. 

EDIT #3

Still seeing channel stuttering and channel 3 NBC or KSNW 3.1 as it's called locally. It plays perfect in the hauppauge app but refused to even load on emby. I'm made sure the correct channel is mapped. Going to restart the server to see if this has any effect.  

EDIT#4

After restart only a little stutter at the beginning but all seems good at channel 3. I guess sometimes it just takes a restart. Weird lol. I'm still having issues with some channels stuttering but it could also be due to my antenna positioning. I will look into that and if need be make a new thread specific to the issue. My main concern was getting to watch Lester Holt at 530 everyday. Cheers. 

Edited by Guest

But it does seem like Emby is allowing me to add most of the channels I'm picking up unlike Plex which wouldn't even allow me to add court tv because it couldn't get guide data. Kinda dumb in my opinion. 

HI, sorry, which software's handling do you think is kinda dumb here?

Plex is dumb with all there live tv restrictions and not being able to add all my channels. I'm very much liking Emby because it doesn't seem to have to same restrictions. I sent you a private message the other day. 

Edited by Guest

Hi, I see you made edits to your OP post a few times.  So I guess I'll ask what questions you still have?

Do you have an SSD hard drive in your computer?  If not that is one of the best investments you can make to help with performance.  Putting your Emby transcode directory on an SSD drive gives you a big performance boost.

3 hours ago, cayars said:

The pc I use as my server doesn't have a solid state. I also only use it for a server with bare minimum other services running so Emby has a much as possible to work with. It is a 3 thousand dollar VR gaming rig with a 1080 or something very close.

I'd have to look at the actual specs. I also do not store my media on the pc directly because my collection is too large to do so. It is stores on an external drive also not solid state. The pc I use as a server only was specifically built for VR so it's a good rig with. 

That said I don't really have stuttering issues with my own media. The post was about live tv and channel mapping issues which has more or less been resolved except occasionally stuttering on some channels.

My biggest issue with the tuner is it's doing EPG updates when I want to watch tv making my hauppauge tuner unusable until it is done. I may make a post to see what people might suggest about blocking the update maybe until I want to manually do it. Just learning about the tuners so I may be mistake on some details.

As far as buying a solid state drive, probably not gonna happen any time soon. I know everyone raves about them but I'm not sold on how good they are just yet. Plus that really isn't the issue. 

Edited by Guest