Android 11 - Unable to access offline music anymore

brennanthl

brennanthl

I have a Pixel 3 which only has internal storage available (no SD card). The Emby Android app does not allow me to pick the storage location on the internal storage, so I just have to use the default directories for offline sync. In the past this was fine, because in my other music apps such as Poweramp (or file browser) I could just navigate to Android/data/... and go in the Emby app folder where my music was stored. However my phone just updated to Android 11 and now I cannot access this folder anymore due to the new storage permissions:

https://developer.android.com/about/versions/11/privacy/storage

So this means I cannot use my downloaded/synced media with any other apps and I cannot directly access the files in any file explorer. Emby's music player app never works correctly for me, and now I can't use external media apps either, so my music player functionality is completely broken on Android 11. Please help!

Edited by brennanthl

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, the next update to the app will add an option to use the device's public downloads folder for emby app downloads. This will make the files available for other apps to utilize.

• 2 months later...
jamvids

Is this working now? Mine fails to External Storage (Downloads). Sony Xperia 1. It works to (Disk) OK still. I did a clear out of cache and data if that helps.

On 6/8/2021 at 9:35 AM, jamvids said:

Is this working now? Mine fails to External Storage (Downloads). Sony Xperia 1. It works to (Disk) OK still. I did a clear out of cache and data if that helps.

Hi, what do you mean by "fails to external storage" ?

jamvids

Out of the 2 external storage options in the downloads section of the android settings (download location) If I chose the External storage (disk) option, downloads work but other apps have no access to the com.mb folder. If I chose the External storage (downloads) option the download will start but fail (this shows in the notification bar). 

I am on android version 11.

_20210609_211339.JPG

_20210609_211700.JPG

Edited by jamvids
add picture

jamvids

It actually downloaded after a while, but on to internal storage in the Download/Emby_Downloads/Music folder

Can you please provide the android app log from when that happened? Thanks.