Collections have disappeared

RaptorCentauri

RaptorCentauri

Hello,

All of my collections disappeared a few days ago  (I have attempted to create some new ones since, and those have remained). The actual movies still exist. What information do I need to provide to get this issue solved? Emby Server version 4.5.0.50.

Thank you

Hi,

Were these collections created by the Auto Box plugin or manually.

Have you looked to see if all the collections are still on disk? If on Windows the directory would look like this

C:\Users\Carlo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections
change "Carlo" above to your windows username that run Emby

Have you made any changes to your library or changed drives or anything that would change the location to your media?

RaptorCentauri
22 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi,

Were these collections created by the Auto Box plugin or manually.

Have you looked to see if all the collections are still on disk? If on Windows the directory would look like this

C:\Users\Carlo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections
change "Carlo" above to your windows username that run Emby

Have you made any changes to your library or changed drives or anything that would change the location to your media?

All collections were created manually.

I am actually running this on a docker in unraid, but the collections are in there.

Hard to say. I had done a fresh docker install of the latest version, and restored everything via the server backup plugin. At that time the collections were still there. The actual structure of the library has not changed.

19 hours ago, Luke said:

hi there, have you tried running a library scan?

I have tried multiple times with no luck.

So if you look at the collections folder you still see all the collections listed correct?

If you go into one of the collection folders and open the xml file in a text edit and look at the path of the file, is it correct?

Have you run a library scan?

RaptorCentauri
8 hours ago, cayars said:

So if you look at the collections folder you still see all the collections listed correct?

If you go into one of the collection folders and open the xml file in a text edit and look at the path of the file, is it correct?

Have you run a library scan?

It looks like the paths are NOT correct, is it safe to manually fix the path in the file?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, RaptorCentauri said:

It looks like the paths are NOT correct, is it safe to manually fix the path in the file?

Yes as that is the only way to fix them, did library paths change?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001173192-collections-manual-migration

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gator99 said:

Just curious as to why this keeps happening this is the 2nd time my collections have disappeared?

We'd have to look at an example in order to be able to answer that. Thanks.

Just now, gator99 said:

Luke would you like me to start a new thread with my log files or insert here?

Here is fine.

gator99

running on Synology 916+ - this morning noticed 1 or 2 of the collections were missing the first time this happened I lost them all, months back.

Still on Version 4.4.3.0 - EMBY server indicates that 4.5.1.0 is available but Synology package center is still not showing an upgrade.

I did re-add the missing Collection "Disney".

EDIT:  looking at my log file, I have too many privacy concerns (server addresses etc) so I removed, guess I will live with the issues

Edited by gator99
privacy concerns on log file

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, gator99 said:

running on Synology 916+ - this morning noticed 1 or 2 of the collections were missing the first time this happened I lost them all, months back.

Still on Version 4.4.3.0 - EMBY server indicates that 4.5.1.0 is available but Synology package center is still not showing an upgrade.

I did re-add the missing Collection "Disney".

EDIT:  looking at my log file, I have too many privacy concerns (server addresses etc) so I removed, guess I will live with the issues

You can PM the log file.  Without the log could be impossible to know what issues the Synology is having.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Luke said:

@gator99 are you still having an issue with this?

Yes,  Just have not taken any time to address, I did just try to add some of the lost collections back and it added a 2nd "Collections" folder and did not add what I just did.

Also, thank you for reaching back out, long time user and always appreciated your work and others.

Capture.PNG

Try removing both collections libraries from emby library setup, then do a full library scan, then add a new collection. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

19 hours ago, Luke said:

Try removing both collections libraries from emby library setup, then do a full library scan, then add a new collection. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

That seems to work - though my collections are doubled now.

Should I just delete one of the duplicates?

Capture.PNG

Edited by gator99

Happy2Play

Does going to your \Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections folder and removing all collections, then doing a Scan Library on only the Collections library via Home Screen or Dashboard-Library (Only Collections) remove all existing collections?  If so does re-adding those collections and Scanning that library produce the same issue?

But there may be a database issues though as this is only a issue on random Collections.

Edited by Happy2Play

On 10/25/2020 at 5:36 PM, Happy2Play said:

Does going to your \Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections folder and removing all collections, then doing a Scan Library on only the Collections library via Home Screen or Dashboard-Library (Only Collections) remove all existing collections?  If so does re-adding those collections and Scanning that library produce the same issue?

But there may be a database issues though as this is only a issue on random Collections.

I have not searched yet, as my linux skills (synolyogy NAS) in using SSH to navigate to that folder is not up to par, will need to do a little research once I have some time...

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, gator99 said:

I have not searched yet, as my linux skills (synolyogy NAS) in using SSH to navigate to that folder is not up to par, will need to do a little research once I have some time...

Don't know how many duplicates you actually have but you could try remove all of the item that create each collection from your library, do a library scan ensure the collections disappear, then readd the items and do a scan.