Send WOL magic packet via the alexa skill?

Lee

WOL has been live for a while through alexa skills and  i've been looking for something to wake my server since the windows emby app has broke for me. I'm not skilled enough to write an alexa app myself having looked through all the api stuff it seems easy for someone with knowledge to add this in to an existing app. Any chance??

I would imagine there are existing skills already out there to do WOL with Alexa (assuming it is possible as you say).

21 hours ago, Luke said:

I would imagine there are existing skills already out there to do WOL with Alexa (assuming it is possible as you say).

There are but they require registering on websites which I don't really want to do.. 

• 1 month later...
MajestiK
On 27/09/2020 at 19:11, Lee said:

There are but they require registering on websites which I don't really want to do.. 

Hi Lee - I don't know if you got this one fixed in the end so I though I'd offer my experience.

I use Wolskill (https://www.wolskill.com) to achieve WOL via Alexa. There isn't a registration step per see with wolskill. You need to log into the site using Amazon Login which also links the skill to the wolskill service. After that you simply define the name of the PC to wake along with its MAC address and hey presto, it works! You can then evoke Alexa in the normal way to turn on your PC in the same way you would a normal light switch or power socket.

I hope this helps...