Cannot manually install

kennyb3653
Go to solution Solved by kennyb3653,

FrostByte

Try shutting down Emby server from the Dashboard (Not DSM), then go to Package Center and make sure it isn't running  then try again. 

kennyb3653

Both NAS's still states operation failed.  I did do a fresh download of the file 10 mins ago.  

Edited by kennyb3653

kennyb3653
Just now, Luke said:

Did you make sure to stop emby server before trying this?

Yes Sir I did from the Dashboard.  I also verified in the NAS that it was stopped.  My other NAS has never had an instance of Emby installed and it's also giving this error.  I have been trying both of them when you asked me to try again.  

alucryd

Just to be sure, do you have enough privileges to use manual install? Are you able to manually install packages others than ours?

kennyb3653

I did a search of privileges' on my NAS and found this:  "Not all packages and services support By IP access privilege settings"

kennyb3653

I have submitted a support ticket with Synology:  After more digging around it appears that, only packages from the Pacakage Center are the only ones that I can install.  Can't manually install any packages from any vendor.  I will advised on their findings.  My last resort before I do a reset on this NAS.

kennyb3653
On 9/28/2020 at 10:58 AM, Luke said:

Did you make sure to stop emby server before trying this?

I got it to work.  Synology gave me some steps that did not work.  But after Trying all browser,  I thought of one I did not try.  Internet Explorer.  Synology will be working on a fix for why the other browsers will not work.  I'm thinking its something to do with the latest DSM update. So the step is 1. Shutdown Emby 2. Manual Install with Internet Explorer

• Solution
kennyb3653

Synology Updated and this absolutely did the trick using the chrome browser.  I successfully was able to install the update on my other NAS Drive after doing a Reset and cleanup.

From Synology

"If it works with one browser and does not work with others,  this would point to a browser-specific issue rather than a problem with the
NAS itself. could you please clear cache and cookies on your chrome browser.  Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
Please see visit this page to clear cookies an cache on chrome."

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Edited by kennyb3653