Unable to update Emby server on Synology NAS

Snoopd

Ive got a DS214play x86 running  DSM version 6.2.3 - 25426 update 2 

Downloaded the correct package for my system - emby-server-synology_4.5.0.50_x86_64.spk

I use the manual install in package center and keep getting this package is not supported or incompatible with the current version DSM

I have trust level set to "any" and have tried all the downloads inc betas even though x86-64 is the package I need.

Any ideas?

charlyc11
On 9/25/2020 at 6:38 AM, Snoopd said:

Ive got a DS214play x86 running  DSM version 6.2.3 - 25426 update 2 

Downloaded the correct package for my system - emby-server-synology_4.5.0.50_x86_64.spk

I use the manual install in package center and keep getting this package is not supported or incompatible with the current version DSM

I have trust level set to "any" and have tried all the downloads inc betas even though x86-64 is the package I need.

Any ideas?

I guess I am not the only one getting this error message.

40 minutes ago, Luke said:

Sorry, one more time. Can you please try downloading the spk from our website and trying to install again?

https://emby.media/download

Please let us know if this resolves the issue. Thanks !

Ive downloaded again and its still the same, tried beta too.

4 minutes ago, Snoopd said:

Ive downloaded again and its still the same, tried beta too.

OK, yours is actually a 32-bit cpu I think, right?

After setting trust level to any, the package uploads fine on my DS710+ - but then I get an 'invalid file format' error (tried downloading the file a few times to be sure)...

8 hours ago, eosDK said:

After setting trust level to any, the package uploads fine on my DS710+ - but then I get an 'invalid file format' error (tried downloading the file a few times to be sure)...

Hi, where does it say that?

15 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, where does it say that?

Hi Luke, thanx for the quick reply! I download the x86 file from your link, launch DSM and package centre, 'manual install' (it does not find an automatic update), then it uploads the package, shows the description and version number of the new package in the new popup window, so all looks fine. But when I hit 'apply', package centre returns the 'invalid file format' error. Like I wrote, I ensured that the download is done properly, and when uploading through the package centre, it goes all the way to 100 percent...

TugboatBill

I'm running a FS1018 (64bit)  w/Emby 4.4.3.0 system and when in the dashboard it says there is an upgrade to 4.5.1 and to go to DSM to upgrade.  DSM shows no packages need to be upgraded.  If I click on Emby in the package center (not the Open button) it shows 4.4.3.0-1 is the Newest Online Version.

Should I try downloading the spk package and install that or just wait for a newer version?  I'm not having any issues with Emby 4.3.3

FrostByte
1 hour ago, TugboatBill said:

I'm running a FS1018 (64bit)  w/Emby 4.4.3.0 system and when in the dashboard it says there is an upgrade to 4.5.1 and to go to DSM to upgrade.  DSM shows no packages need to be upgraded.  If I click on Emby in the package center (not the Open button) it shows 4.4.3.0-1 is the Newest Online Version.

Should I try downloading the spk package and install that or just wait for a newer version?  I'm not having any issues with Emby 4.3.3

First, remove the old repository from Package Center.  That is the old way and will not be updated anymore.  So it will only confuse you having it there

Then download the spk and manually install it from package center, that is the latest version and the only way to get Emby server right now

The download links are below.   

https://emby.media/nas-server.html

After you've updated the first time to the newer builds the upgrade message in the Dashboard after the next update will instead be a link to get the spk.  

The process of getting Emby added to the Synology store has already been started, but that may not be a quick process.  Manually installing the spk is it right now

Unless you just want to stay on 4.4.3 that is and ride it out until Emby gets added to the store.

Edited by FrostByte

TugboatBill

Thanks.  I browsed through the 4.5/4.5.1 release notes and didn't see much that would have any effect based on how I'm using the system.  I think I'll hold off for now.

FrostByte
35 minutes ago, TugboatBill said:

Thanks.  I browsed through the 4.5/4.5.1 release notes and didn't see much that would have any effect based on how I'm using the system.  I think I'll hold off for now.

The biggest update for me was that since the newer builds use .NET core instead of mono they are noticeably faster.  If you're happy though just keep the repository there until Emby gets added to the store.  It won't get updated, but just in case you need to reload 4.4.3

FrostByte, I followed your exact steps and uninstalled, still get the 'invalid file format' error... Weird! Should I remove the repository otherwise than uninstalling?

On 9/29/2020 at 4:36 AM, eosDK said:

Does this have a 32-bit cpu?

No, the DS710+ has an Intel Atom: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/43517/intel-atom-processor-d410-512k-cache-1-66-ghz.html

Here's a complete list: https://www.synology-wiki.de/index.php/Welchen_Prozessortyp_besitzt_mein_System%3F

My setup is (as posted in a Chromecast subtitle-thread, hope you'll have time to look into that as well): Emby 4.4.3.0 on Synology DS710+ with DSM 5.2.5967 update 9,  Windows 7 PC, Android 10 on OnePlus 7T Pro, Android 9 on Lenovo M10 FHD Plus, Chromecast 3 firmware 1.49.226077 on Samsung Smart TV UE46H7005S

Yesterday, I tried uninstalling Emby in package center as suggested above, shut down the Synology, rebooted and tried a manual install of emby-server-synology_4.5.1.0_x86_64.spk - filesize in Windows is 70.307.840 bytes - still the same error, see attached images (and btw, QuickConnect is disabled, trust level 'any')...

Thanx, Jacob

CaptureCERT.PNG

CaptureSOURCE.PNG

CaptureUPLOAD.PNG

CaptureAPPLY-ERROR.PNG

jasonborn

The first time updating Emby on my DS218+ failed (emby did not want to start). The second update attempt was succesfull.

Thanks !