Library Scan Taking Hours

jimc115

Installed latest version this morning and did a scan....it ran for 4 hours before I tried reverting to the last version...that didn't help. I'm now back to the new version and again stuck with a scan taking hours.

This is just a BASIC scan that usually takes about 15 minutes.

embyserver.txt

PenkethBoy

which version did you install and what was the previous version - as there are various qnap packages and was it beta or stable??

did you look at the log at all to see if you have errors and what type they are?

too late to look at the log myself at the moment but might get a chance tomorrow

Happy2Play

You log is showing a issue with TVDB,  But there twitter says they are working on it.

https://twitter.com/thetvdb

TheTVDB.com @thetvdb · 1h
Update here — we're still working to isolate the issue. We do not have an ETA for a fix yet but will keep you updated here when we do have more info.

TheTVDB.com @thetvdb · 6h
For the past few hours we've been experiencing issues with both the website and API.  We're looking into the problem and will update this message once the issue is resolved.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edited by Happy2Play

Most likely the latest version since I posted I installed the latest version.

As for the previous version...the one before the last version.

OK...done with the sarcasm.....and thanks for the offer to look at the log....but I just tried TVDB and it looks to be down.

AND...I see you just discovered the same thing.

Thanks! 

Happy2Play

I can see this being a issue only if TVDB is the only provider enabled, but the scan should continue no matter the error.  Just means things will not be identified or have metadata/images (library setting dependent).  But I guess erroring out on every request will slow things down.

Edited by Happy2Play

I added OMDB...not sure if it pulls series., but yeah with 96,000 episodes each erroring out explains a lot. 

I assume shutting down the server and restarting without starting a new scan is best until TVDB is back.